LR folding, end of the year goal

Here you can find out about our Folding Team! Our goal: to understand protein folding, protein aggregation, and related diseases
Bwall
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

LR folding, end of the year goal

Post by Bwall »

I just took a look at the stats on EOC and at our present output we should move up 11 spots by midnight on New Years eve. We are actually going to pass up 12 teams but we are going to lose a spot to another who is blowing by us at triple our production. Our goal is fairly simple, stay the course and end up 87th or better. With just an extra 10k-20k per day we could move up 4-5 more places in that same time frame.

Some things I wanted to point out:
1. We've already broken our record for points in a single month by nearly 400,000.
2. At our current pace we should finish October with more than 5 million points for the month.
3. We are in 48th place for points this week.
4. We are 49th in 24 hour average.

Look at all the great work we've done for the month, each of those WU's gets us one step closer to understanding these terrible diseases. I'm proud to be on a team that is dedicated to putting forth such an effort, there are less than a handful of teams that have fewer active folders that put out more work than us. :partyman:

Let's keep up the great work, keep on folding!!! :supz:
DaIceMan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: LR folding, end of the year goal

Post by DaIceMan »

Give me 3 hours on Saturday morning, and I'll give you around 8k of those points you want.

Power supply should be here today to build the core system, and I should be able to get the dual card rig sorted with a windows reinstall (death to avg). With that rig locking up all the time, I've lost over 60 hours folding time in the last 10 days. With nothing scheduled for Saturday morning, I hope to remedy all of that.
Gamer - Thermaltake Element S | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Black | Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L | Intel E8400 | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | 4GB OCZ Reaper Ram | XFX 8800GTX | Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer | Seagate 7200.10 320GB

HTPC / Folder - Palit 9600GT 1GB Sonic | AMD Phenom 9600 | Corsair DHX 4GB | ECS GF8200A | OCZ StealthXStream 500
Thanks to Palit, AMD, Corsair and ECS for sponsoring the 2008 Folding Give-away!

dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

DaIceMan wrote:Give me 3 hours on Saturday morning, and I'll give you around 8k of those points you want.

Power supply should be here today to build the core system, and I should be able to get the dual card rig sorted with a windows reinstall (death to avg). With that rig locking up all the time, I've lost over 60 hours folding time in the last 10 days. With nothing scheduled for Saturday morning, I hope to remedy all of that.

cough Linux or Linux VM cough cough
geokilla

Post by geokilla »

I was able to output some big points over the last two days because my computer's been on overnight due to some encoding for my Nintendo DS. However, starting tomorrow, it'll be turned off again at night.

The good news is that my friend's rig is fixed and is now folding whenever he can. I'm also trying to recruit more people into folding, but they're really skeptical about it and even if they do join, they'll put out only like 400PPD.

@dicecca112. Those are some nice points that you're getting. I assume you're running just SMP in your rig?
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.16V (CPU-Z + LinX)
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H F14 BIOS
ASUS GTX 460 768MB @ 800/1950
Kingston HyperX DDR3 8GB @ DDR-1333
Corsair AX750
Crucial M4 128GB
Western Digital Black 1TB
Cooler Master Hyper 212+ EVO
BenQ E2420HD
---------------------
I AM CANADIAN!
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

Nope,

2 x 7300
1 x 9300
1 x 2.0GHZ Xeon

Network issues on the bottom three and A2 cores. I could probably do close to 9k if all went well
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

ive got a pre set up xubuntu VM (w/folding installed & instructions) that runs in VMware player if any one wants it let me know
Mad_Goku
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Mad_Goku »

Well I just added a bit over 7k ppd to that for ya....and if i'm lucky enough to win one the october contest i'll have that up and folding 24/7.
Intel i7 2600k @ 4.8ghz
Asus P8P67 PRO
ATI 5870
8 GB G-Skill Ripjaw X 1600 @ 7-8-7-24
120gb G-Skill Sniper SSD