F@H CPU Error

Here you can find out about our Folding Team! Our goal: to understand protein folding, protein aggregation, and related diseases
InFuZiOn
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

F@H CPU Error

Post by InFuZiOn »

About 2-3 days ago I saw my CPU F@H client had thrown an error over-night saying "Folding@Home has run into a serious error running the core. and will shutdown." and every time I start it up it continues to give the same error message. My GPU client is still running strong and I've already tried re-installing. Has anyone ever seen this problem before?
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: F@H CPU Error

Post by DMB2000uk »

Try deleting the WU files in the work folders and let it get a new core.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
InFuZiOn
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InFuZiOn »

Found what you were talking about and deleted the WU data like you said. Seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks!
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

If it throws errors like this again (i.e. isn't just out of the blue) you should give your machine the once over with a few stability tests to make sure that it's all operating fine. Odds are for it being an unstable F@H WU, but it's best to play it safe.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
InFuZiOn
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InFuZiOn »

Scheduled defrag once a week along with a surface scan :D

I'm just glad I figured out what the problem was though because it was such a weird looking error with the grammar being all wrong and stuff. Just didn't look normal at all....then again what error messages ARE normal? :roll:
InFuZiOn
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InFuZiOn »

***UPDATE***

Seems that my video card F@H is having problems uploading the completed WU's. Every time I check it it's completely finished the unit but won't upload the results for some reason. I deleted the work folder and will see what happens in the AM but I wanted to post to see if there were any other possibilities it could be