** Official 2009 F@H WAR Competition Thread **

Here you can find out about our Folding Team! Our goal: to understand protein folding, protein aggregation, and related diseases
kylepaddock
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: ** Official 2009 F@H WAR Competition Thread **

Post by kylepaddock »

If fine with that but he must show proof.
If you have done a transaction with me, please fill out my heatware. http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=64039
Ebay is: horizonlongtails it is 100%!!!
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

I've already said if billabong doesn't complete a WU or chime in here before the competition is up then he's going to be discussed. With the probable outcome of him being removed from the drawing, so there's no need to moan about him anymore :axe:

Also, markwrc (Team G) has said that he can't fold anymore, so has asked to be withdrawn from the competition. Seen as though Jakegub is back folding again, I'll re-instate him back to Team G, and as markwrc who he is replacing has his 0 days filled in with average scores, I'll do the same with jakegubs to keep the team total as close to where it was as is fair.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Wifuzzy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Wifuzzy »

I guess I should ask...where are the CPU's located? The last contest I was in I won a 8800GS...to bad it needed to be shipped from Australia :( Needless to say I never got the card.
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Nate has them in hand at LR Headquaters, St Louis, MO (as was said in the first post).

So rest assured if you win you'll get your CPU in a timely fashion.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
TraceHagan
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by TraceHagan »

Keep up the folding, only 5? days left!
Vectrexer
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Vectrexer »

Wifuzzy wrote:
Vectrexer wrote:I'll be happy to replace the guy on team "F" and commit to adding 150K PPD till the end of the F@H War.
K...never saw that one coming
Just call me assassin folder :)
Vectrexer
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Vectrexer »

Merlin wrote: ...how very noble of you.
I'll be noble when it's not war. In my book war by it's nature is an no-holds barred contest. Golly, Gee, surprise,,, so is this one.

Beside which I have only voiced what is on the minds of many. The desire to be on the winning team. In the process I can bring value to total points for LR.

BUT,,, I do agree that anyone who turns in points should not be removed from a team. I'm also entirely OK with leaving the person on the team altogether.
Merlin wrote:I am sure I could find at least 300K PPD if I were to pay someone to fold for me for a few days which is no different than offering to give someone the prize to fold for you. I am sorry for my rant but that post just rubbed me wrong.
If' you are so sure, then how about going out and recruiting that person? At the same time your noble payment will make someone's holiday grander while making the LR team score higher.
Merlin wrote: I am sorry for my rant but that post just rubbed me wrong.
No worries. I am quite certain that anything anyone says will rub someone the wrong way.
Merlin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Merlin »

What I meant was that if you had any interest in LR or this contest beyond the CPU you would be folding at your best right now as a standby rather than "offer" to be placed on the team that is already winning and promising to add 150K. That is the same thing as saying...give me a processor and I'll add 150K to your teams numbers.
Merlin
Windows 10 64 bit home on both
ASUS Z97-A LGA1150|i7 4790K|32Gb G-skill Ripjaws DDR3 2400| EVGA GTX660 | Corsair HX520W PSU
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO 1151|i7 8700K|32Gb G-skill Ripjaws DDR4-2666| EVGA GTX1080 | Samsung 500GB SSD | Corsair AX760 PSU
kylepaddock
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kylepaddock »

@Vectrexer
What hardware do you have that would product those points?
If you have done a transaction with me, please fill out my heatware. http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=64039
DL13
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DL13 »

Merlin wrote:What I meant was that if you had any interest in LR or this contest beyond the CPU you would be folding at your best right now as a standby rather than "offer" to be placed on the team that is already winning and promising to add 150K. That is the same thing as saying...give me a processor and I'll add 150K to your teams numbers.
Merlin got a point.
Gigabyte MA790FXTA-UD5 / Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.41Mhz / Mushkin 2X2GB 1333 / XFX 5870 1GB / Cooler Master HAF 932 / Win 7 Pro 64 / ACER G24 LCD 24"
kylepaddock
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kylepaddock »

Weird I have 7 CPUs that turned in and over 4 GPUs that turned and all I got was 500.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Check you clients, make sure there are no typo's in your name and the team number.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
kylepaddock
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kylepaddock »

I did they are all 38296 and kylepaddock
Darkstar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Darkstar »

DL13 wrote:
Merlin wrote:What I meant was that if you had any interest in LR or this contest beyond the CPU you would be folding at your best right now as a standby rather than "offer" to be placed on the team that is already winning and promising to add 150K. That is the same thing as saying...give me a processor and I'll add 150K to your teams numbers.
Merlin got a point.
+1

:drinkers:
Phenom II 1075T,Phenom II 1090T,Intel i7 870
Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Evga GTX460
8 GB Corsair
Agility2 120GB SSD
Dual 24" Samsungs LCD's
kylepaddock
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kylepaddock »

Darkstar wrote:
DL13 wrote:
Merlin got a point.
+1

+1
Darkstar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Darkstar »

kylepaddock wrote:Weird I have 7 CPUs that turned in and over 4 GPUs that turned and all I got was 500.

I have about 10 GPU going and all but 2 are doing strange things.....eue, unstable machine, unable to get work, and something i havent seen before, continously looping on a download and work and core shutdown with no errors and no work....

Phenom II 1075T,Phenom II 1090T,Intel i7 870
Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Evga GTX460
8 GB Corsair
Agility2 120GB SSD
Dual 24" Samsungs LCD's
kylepaddock
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kylepaddock »

3 of my CPU's and 1 GPU is doing that also.
Vectrexer
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Vectrexer »

Darkstar wrote:
kylepaddock wrote:Weird I have 7 CPUs that turned in and over 4 GPUs that turned and all I got was 500.

I have about 10 GPU going and all but 2 are doing strange things.....eue, unstable machine, unable to get work, and something i havent seen before, continously looping on a download and work and core shutdown with no errors and no work....

There was a new core released recently. have you deleted core11 so you can get the update?

One of my other folders was having similar issues last night. I did a full power off (including no standby power) and now all GPUs (GTX 295) are folding normally once more. (XPProx64, 191.07, EVGA GTX 295 SC). Sometime the simple things work.
kylepaddock
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kylepaddock »

Vectrexer wrote:
There was a new core released recently. have you deleted core11 so you can get the update?
hu? like SMP2?
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Hi kylepaddock :) Just would like to ask a few questions if you don't mind. Are you folding 24/7? Do you have different ID numbers for each client? Have you extended your desktop?