** Official 2009 F@H WAR Competition Thread **

Here you can find out about our Folding Team! Our goal: to understand protein folding, protein aggregation, and related diseases
Merlin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: ** Official 2009 F@H WAR Competition Thread **

Post by Merlin »

Hey guys from team B we still have a good race for second place Team A is right on our heels and team G is very much within reach, keep going. I am still trying to get my pals online and maybe LR can pass up a few more teams on the "big" board before this things wraps up. My grandfather passed away with Alzheimer's and we never know who could be running the WU that discovers the cure.
Merlin
Windows 10 64 bit home on both
ASUS Z97-A LGA1150|i7 4790K|32Gb G-skill Ripjaws DDR3 2400| EVGA GTX660 | Corsair HX520W PSU
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO 1151|i7 8700K|32Gb G-skill Ripjaws DDR4-2666| EVGA GTX1080 | Samsung 500GB SSD | Corsair AX760 PSU
kylepaddock
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kylepaddock »

Do team D i am going full throttle when my video card decides to cooperate.
If you have done a transaction with me, please fill out my heatware. http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=64039
Ebay is: horizonlongtails it is 100%!!!
Wifuzzy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Wifuzzy »

OK...what the h3ll is heatware? :?
kylepaddock
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kylepaddock »

Heatware is a private traders' evaluation and reference site used by members of various BBSs (Bulletin Boards' Traders Forums) which allows one to post evaluations of his or her private trades or deals with another. In order to submit or receive an evaluation, you must register for an account on HeatWare.
If you have done a transaction with me, please fill out my heatware. http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=64039
kylepaddock
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kylepaddock »

Team D whats going on. We now are 500K behind
Wifuzzy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Wifuzzy »

Yippie..i'm second among the fold at home guys....on the assumpton Darkstar, spitter and Dragoncooler are not folder thier own home equip. Actually I am ahead of dragoncooler...for the next 6-8 hours anyway. I'ld like to tell ya I'm gonna catch XstollieX...but I dought that is gonna happen. Keep up the good all...lets continue to rack up the points.
stopthekilling77
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stopthekilling77 »

Anybody out there know how to make the DVI->VGA terminator plug/dummy plug?
I just need a diagram since the one linked to here doesn't work anymore

Edit: #-o I glossed over the pin configuration in the original thread. The upshot is if anyone here needs to know how to make one just ask!
Cyberpower generic case
B450M PRO-VDH MAX
Ryzen 5 3600 w/PBO/OC
CM Hyper 212 EVO push/pull
Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
MSI RTX 3060 Ti Ventus 3X 8G OC LHR
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
6GB Seagate HDD
EVGA 650BQ 650W PSU
ASUS VE278 27" monitor, Dell E2216HV (vertical)
Logitech Z533 2.1 Speakers, G935 7.1 or G435 headset
MS LXM-00001 keyboard
Razer Deathadder Elite, XBOX One Lunar Shift controller

I've come a long way from my original Core2Duo E6750 build y'all! :supz:
Wifuzzy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Wifuzzy »

stopthekilling77 wrote:Anybody out there know how to make the DVI->VGA terminator plug/dummy plug?
I just need a diagram since the one linked to here doesn't work anymore

Edit: #-o I glossed over the pin configuration in the original thread. The upshot is if anyone here needs to know how to make one just ask!
Why would you want one?
stopthekilling77
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stopthekilling77 »

Setting up a 9800GX2 for folding requires that you either have a monitor plugged into the second video out, which in my case is DVI-I, or you need a dummy plug to fake out the nvidia control panel. Basically it has to think you have an extended desktop and this is honestly the easiest way to do it :partyman:
Cyberpower generic case
B450M PRO-VDH MAX
Ryzen 5 3600 w/PBO/OC
CM Hyper 212 EVO push/pull
Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
MSI RTX 3060 Ti Ventus 3X 8G OC LHR
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
6GB Seagate HDD
EVGA 650BQ 650W PSU
ASUS VE278 27" monitor, Dell E2216HV (vertical)
Logitech Z533 2.1 Speakers, G935 7.1 or G435 headset
MS LXM-00001 keyboard
Razer Deathadder Elite, XBOX One Lunar Shift controller

I've come a long way from my original Core2Duo E6750 build y'all! :supz:
Wifuzzy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Wifuzzy »

stopthekilling77 wrote:Setting up a 9800GX2 for folding requires that you either have a monitor plugged into the second video out, which in my case is DVI-I, or you need a dummy plug to fake out the nvidia control panel. Basically it has to think you have an extended desktop and this is honestly the easiest way to do it :partyman:
Ahhhhh...
Darkstar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Darkstar »

Wifuzzy wrote:Yippie..i'm second among the fold at home guys....on the assumpton Darkstar, spitter and Dragoncooler are not folder thier own home equip. Actually I am ahead of dragoncooler...for the next 6-8 hours anyway. I'ld like to tell ya I'm gonna catch XstollieX...but I dought that is gonna happen. Keep up the good all...lets continue to rack up the points.
I got a rack cabinet in the garage, if it rains again next weekend i wont be able to work on the pizza oven and Saltillo tiles so i think i'll set that up....

:drinkers:
Phenom II 1075T,Phenom II 1090T,Intel i7 870
Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Evga GTX460
8 GB Corsair
Agility2 120GB SSD
Dual 24" Samsungs LCD's
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

http://www.overclock.net/overclock-net- ... -plug.html here is a link for a dummy plug if you still need it.
taichi135
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by taichi135 »

kylepaddock wrote:Team D whats going on. We now are 500K behind
I know. :(

I've done what I can. Even if I manage to get 10 more computers folding at work, it wouldn't make a difference. We need video cards to make a dent in our score. :(

The upshot is it looks like legit reviews as a team is going to overtake a spot or two if we keep the points up. :supz: :finga:
"Windows is a 32-bit patch to a 16-bit GUI for an 8-bit operating system written for a 4-bit processor by a 2-bit company that can't stand 1-bit of competition"
kylepaddock
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kylepaddock »

taichi135 wrote:
kylepaddock wrote:Team D whats going on. We now are 500K behind
I know. :(

I've done what I can. Even if I manage to get 10 more computers folding at work, it wouldn't make a difference. We need video cards to make a dent in our score. :(

The upshot is it looks like legit reviews as a team is going to overtake a spot or two if we keep the points up. :supz: :finga:
Ya, I am putting my parts to their limits.
smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by smack323 »

looks like dukeman is pulling the plug on team "b" suxors. Cancels out the two people I got going over the weekend...
Core i5-6500 - Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4 2133 - MSI 2080Ti - Antec 750W - Crucial 525GB SSD - Windows 10 64bit - ASUS 32" LED
Wifuzzy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Wifuzzy »

Darkstar wrote:
Wifuzzy wrote:Yippie..i'm second among the fold at home guys....on the assumpton Darkstar, spitter and Dragoncooler are not folder thier own home equip. Actually I am ahead of dragoncooler...for the next 6-8 hours anyway. I'ld like to tell ya I'm gonna catch XstollieX...but I dought that is gonna happen. Keep up the good all...lets continue to rack up the points.
I got a rack cabinet in the garage, if it rains again next weekend i wont be able to work on the pizza oven and Saltillo tiles so i think i'll set that up....

:drinkers:
OK then...I'm in third.. :shock: :)
kylepaddock
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kylepaddock »

XstollieX why are your points sofar down?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

smack323 wrote:looks like dukeman is pulling the plug on team "b" suxors. Cancels out the two people I got going over the weekend...
If Dukeman is quitting on you then we'll add in someone on the waiting list. No worries.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

As for DragonCooler and spitter I might just remove them from the competition if things get too crazy.

DragonCooler already said he wasn't in it for the processor and Spitter would be given one of the 'extra' processors for his insane ppd production and then all the teams would have a fair chance again.

So, don't stop folding just because of Spitter... If I remove him from Team F and give him a processor for his efforts that puts team F at ~600k, which is where team D, team E and team C are at.

If I remove DragonCooler his team totals would also be 600k, so that means Team C, D, E, F and G would all be around the 600K mark.

Team B is doing strong since smack323 and knightrid and mad_goku are all increasing their ppd and recruiting friends from the looks of it.

team A is being driven by darkstar and god only knows what he is running now ;)
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
kylepaddock
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kylepaddock »

Apoptosis wrote:As for DragonCooler and spitter I might just remove them from the competition if things get too crazy.

DragonCooler already said he wasn't in it for the processor and Spitter would be given one of the 'extra' processors for his insane ppd production and then all the teams would have a fair chance again.
Please consider this. I only have hardware at home which is old at least.