Page 5 of 43

Re: ** Official 2009 [email protected] WAR Competition Thread **

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:15 am
by kylepaddock
TraceHagan wrote:Do you wish to run SMP or tradition version? SMP generates more points, but is harder to set up.
Also, are you folding on any GPU's?
Ok i am volding a a quad phenom and a i7. and for GPUS i have a 9800GT Super+1GB and a 295 Co-op edition.

Re: ** Official 2009 [email protected] WAR Competition Thread **

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:17 am
by kylepaddock
What team in I in not the number like the Group, A, B , ect.

Re: ** Official 2009 [email protected] WAR Competition Thread **

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:21 am
by vicaphit
Crap, I didn't realize there was a new sign up thread. Can I still be added to a team?

Re: ** Official 2009 [email protected] WAR Competition Thread **

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:23 am
by alister
Apoptosis wrote:
alister wrote:Is it too late to get in ?? I have not used [email protected] in a long time.

[email protected] - dtanderson
I can get you in still, what are you folding on?
I am going to be running it on a laptop and two desktops.

Re: ** Official 2009 [email protected] WAR Competition Thread **

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:23 am
by Sovereign
Apoptosis wrote:you got two monitors plugged into the card? On those daul PCB cards you needs two monitors or the dummy plugs.
Yep, I have three monitors. Two 22" plugged into the 9800GX2's DVI ports. Still gives me errors. SLI and PhysX were both off during my testing, I have the latest drivers, and I reinstalled the GPU tray (not console) clients as per instructions linked to earlier in this thread that were written for this forum...

I really did want to Fold on that second GPU, but it is not cooperating. That is the only problem I've ever had with this GPU, actually.

Re: ** Official 2009 [email protected] WAR Competition Thread **

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:24 am
by eden999
I think my netbook can pull about 300 ppd. I get about 15/1500 every hour. But i'm not too sure since it's my first time folding. It's actually pretty cool. Will continue to fold!!

Re: ** Official 2009 [email protected] WAR Competition Thread **

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:31 am
by skier
Sovereign wrote:I really did want to Fold on that second GPU, but it is not cooperating. That is the only problem I've ever had with this GPU, actually.
how are you allocating the extra monitor? extend/display 1/2 etc

i just know SLI->dual GPU needs to be 'extended' when i fold or the client crashes

Re: ** Official 2009 [email protected] WAR Competition Thread **

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:33 am
by Sovereign
skier wrote:
Sovereign wrote:I really did want to Fold on that second GPU, but it is not cooperating. That is the only problem I've ever had with this GPU, actually.
how are you allocating the extra monitor? extend/display 1/2 etc

i just know SLI->dual GPU needs to be 'extended' when i fold or the client crashes
Display 1 is primary (9800GX2-A), Display 2 is secondary (extend, 9800GX2-B), and Display 3 is secondary (extend, 7900GTX-A).

Re: ** Official 2009 [email protected] WAR Competition Thread **

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:45 am
by taichi135
taichi135 is the folding name.

Umm, how exactly do I check my ppd? I'm guessing 1000pts a day. I used to have a number of PC's folding, but lost them due to changes at work... :?

update, I've got two pc's folding again, yay. Working on more throughout the day! :)

Re: ** Official 2009 [email protected] WAR Competition Thread **

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:46 am
by kylepaddock
Was anybody able to help me find the right download links? i keep on getting lost at the [email protected] website.....

Re: ** Official 2009 [email protected] WAR Competition Thread **

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:48 am
by Darkstar
kylepaddock wrote:Was anybody able to help me find the right download links? i keep on getting lost at the [email protected] website.....

download link for which client?

Re: ** Official 2009 [email protected] WAR Competition Thread **

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:56 am
by kylepaddock
Ok i am folding a a quad phenom and a i7. and for GPUS i have a 9800GT Super+1GB and a 295 Co-op edition.
Who else is in my folding team? maby i could just im then for help instead of bugging you

Re: ** Official 2009 [email protected] WAR Competition Thread **

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:25 am
by skier
kylepaddock wrote:Who else is in my folding team? maby i could just im then for help instead of bugging you
we're all in it together as far as installation goes, i suggest you make a new thread detailing your problem a little bit more(reposting your PC specs, and Clients and Operating System)

if yer on the 38296 team, you get ALL of our help 8)

Re: ** Official 2009 [email protected] WAR Competition Thread **

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:09 pm
by kylepaddock

Re: ** Official 2009 [email protected] WAR Competition Thread **

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:10 pm
by pmanipole
i can not get any of the gpu clients working, only the cpu version. everytime i try the gpu my pc locks up.
i will just use cpu for now.

Re: ** Official 2009 [email protected] WAR Competition Thread **

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:21 pm
by forsaken
Ok so my PS3 is folding (BTW My username is umm. Forsaken's_PS3)
Anyway, I've also thrown in a couple HP DL360's, not sure how much PPD they will be producing, but
i wouldn't imagine it to be a huge amount.

I still see team's A B C D - have you added more? The standby list for team's 5 & 6 is ~12 or 13 people now...
Just want to see what team im on so I can root for us :-)

Re: ** Official 2009 [email protected] WAR Competition Thread **

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:11 pm
by Dragon_Cooler
OK here are the servers I got so far:

9x p4 3.0 single core processor servers
1x Xeon Dual 2.0 Quad Core (8core total)
1x Xeon Dual 3.0 Dual Core (4 core total)

I will have more up later today.

It has been a very long time since I have messed with this and I wanted to make sure I am going this right with the multicore servers. I read the wiki and followed the instructions, but wanted to pick yalls brains.

I created a different directory for each instance. I then used the -configonly and went into the advanced option to set the Machine ID to the core # e.g. MID 1 for core 0 and then used the taskset -c 0 ./fah6 to launch it in a screen session. Here is the screen session for the 8 core:

[[email protected] ~]# screen -ls
There are screens on:
13507.5 (Detached)
13396.3 (Detached)
13373.4 (Detached)
13578.8 (Detached)
13422.2 (Detached)
13555.7 (Detached)
13530.6 (Detached)
13443.1 (Detached)

6 out of the 8 processes are working. the ones that arent are sitting at:


[09:44:27] - Attempt #9 to get work failed, and no other work to do.
Waiting before retry.
[10:05:47] + Attempting to get work packet
[10:05:47] - Connecting to assignment server
[10:05:47] + No appropriate work server was available; will try again in a bit.
[10:05:47] + Couldn't get work instructions.

But for the most part i think things are looking good. Hope this helps the team! Like i said, I will try and get more servers up.

Re: ** Official 2009 [email protected] WAR Competition Thread **

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:14 pm
by Darkstar
shouldnt the taskset have been fah8 ?

:drinkers:

Re: ** Official 2009 [email protected] WAR Competition Thread **

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:17 pm
by kylepaddock
I still need help.

Re: ** Official 2009 [email protected] WAR Competition Thread **

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:27 pm
by TraceHagan
Dragon_Cooler wrote:OK here are the servers I got so far:

9x p4 3.0 single core processor servers
1x Xeon Dual 2.0 Quad Core (8core total)
1x Xeon Dual 3.0 Dual Core (4 core total)

I will have more up later today.

It has been a very long time since I have messed with this and I wanted to make sure I am going this right with the multicore servers. I read the wiki and followed the instructions, but wanted to pick yalls brains.

I created a different directory for each instance. I then used the -configonly and went into the advanced option to set the Machine ID to the core # e.g. MID 1 for core 0 and then used the taskset -c 0 ./fah6 to launch it in a screen session. Here is the screen session for the 8 core:

[[email protected] ~]# screen -ls
There are screens on:
13507.5 (Detached)
13396.3 (Detached)
13373.4 (Detached)
13578.8 (Detached)
13422.2 (Detached)
13555.7 (Detached)
13530.6 (Detached)
13443.1 (Detached)

6 out of the 8 processes are working. the ones that arent are sitting at:


[09:44:27] - Attempt #9 to get work failed, and no other work to do.
Waiting before retry.
[10:05:47] + Attempting to get work packet
[10:05:47] - Connecting to assignment server
[10:05:47] + No appropriate work server was available; will try again in a bit.
[10:05:47] + Couldn't get work instructions.

But for the most part i think things are looking good. Hope this helps the team! Like i said, I will try and get more servers up.
If these are linux servers (I assume they Are) SMP client works reallly well and automatically will use all cores available.
Windows has a SMP client too, however I have had horrible luck with it.

ALSO:
My WU's are showing up http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/mai ... TraceHagan
but not on the extremeoverclocking site.