New nvidia driver overclocking problems

Here you can find out about our Folding Team! Our goal: to understand protein folding, protein aggregation, and related diseases
Wifuzzy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

New nvidia driver overclocking problems

Post by Wifuzzy »

FYI...The new Nvidia drivers appear to be messing up overclocks. Tried ATI tool, Rivatuner, the Evga precision....all have issues. Backed down to the previous release and all was fine, went back to the new driver and goofy things happened again. Went back the previous release and evrything worked as it should.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New nvidia driver overclocking problems

Post by Apoptosis »

any screen shots or anything? This is the first I heard of this issue.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Wifuzzy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Wifuzzy »

I'm at work now. The new drivers would not show a slider for shaders and when you changed the core clock....nothing happened. tried 3 utilities and the same thing happened. went back to the last release and they all worked. I found this out when I installed a new GTS 250 last night...I thought the clocks were lock on the card....this made me sad. Also just noticed this http://en.expreview.com/2010/01/21/nvid ... /6504.html
Wifuzzy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Wifuzzy »

Saw this a few minutes ago "Last week NVIDIA updated its GeForce/ION driver to 196.21 WHQL version which includes SLI and multi-GPU support for many new gaming titles as well as some bug fixes, but there are something wrong in it when use the overclocking software. Today, NVIDIA release the 196.34 Beta version to fix the overclock bug. In addition, this Beta driver is no different with the 196.21WHQL version."