Will Not Fold On May 5th For A Couple Weeks

Here you can find out about our Folding Team! Our goal: to understand protein folding, protein aggregation, and related diseases
geokilla

Will Not Fold On May 5th For A Couple Weeks

Post by geokilla »

Due to the Hardware Canucks Chimp Challenge, I will not be folding for a few weeks here at Legit Reviews. Gotta represent the Canadians!

In order to make up for it, once the Chimp Challenge ends, I will have all my machines dedicated to folding at Legit Reviews for probably 2 to 3 weeks.
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.16V (CPU-Z + LinX)
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H F14 BIOS
ASUS GTX 460 768MB @ 800/1950
Kingston HyperX DDR3 8GB @ DDR-1333
Corsair AX750
Crucial M4 128GB
Western Digital Black 1TB
Cooler Master Hyper 212+ EVO
BenQ E2420HD
---------------------
I AM CANADIAN!
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Will Not Fold On May 5th For A Couple Weeks

Post by vbironchef »

The prizes don't look as good as the ones on Legit Reviews. Folding is good, no matter where you do it. :)
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Looks decent. I won't change my username just for a contest though ;)

have fun - looks like the contest should only be at most 20 days once they start since they are already doing close to 900K per day!

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
geokilla

Post by geokilla »

Thanks guys.

Yea they're folding now so they can get the bonus and everything setup so once the Chimp Challenge starts, we can go at full throttle.
Corsair AX750
Crucial M4 128GB
BenQ E2420HD
---------------------
I AM CANADIAN!
hertz9753
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by hertz9753 »

geokilla, I remember you from my days at Hardware Cannucks.
geokilla

Post by geokilla »

hertz9753 wrote:geokilla, I remember you from my days at Hardware Cannucks.
Really? I don't remember you till I found you over there via the member search function. Why'd you leave the community?
Corsair AX750
Crucial M4 128GB
BenQ E2420HD
---------------------
I AM CANADIAN!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I hope they aren't promoting going around and getting people from other teams to join... That just doesn't sit well in my books... Guess the next folding war I do I'll go to their website forums, and ask their members to join our team.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
geokilla

Post by geokilla »

Apoptosis wrote:I hope they aren't promoting going around and getting people from other teams to join... That just doesn't sit well in my books... Guess the next folding war I do I'll go to their website forums, and ask their members to join our team.
I'm only asking Legit Reviews members here to see if anyone's interested in helping out. The rules don't say that you can't ask people around, and I asked the people there before I asked here. Plus some people over at NCIX are helping us out as well, though they might be doing it just for the contest that's being held

Besides, how else do you think EVGA got their 20 million points in I believe 4 days. People ask friends, etc for folding help. Similar to asking the forum here to help.
Corsair AX750
Crucial M4 128GB
BenQ E2420HD
---------------------
I AM CANADIAN!
Zero82z
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Zero82z »

Apoptosis wrote:I hope they aren't promoting going around and getting people from other teams to join... That just doesn't sit well in my books... Guess the next folding war I do I'll go to their website forums, and ask their members to join our team.
People are free to do what they like with their PCs. Why do you feel threatened by the possibility that some people might want to fold for another cause for a short time? If you wanted to post at Hardware Canucks asking members to fold for your team during a folding competition, I doubt the mods there would prevent you from doing so, though perhaps not many people would be willing to join. In any case, this has nothing to do with harming the Legit Reviews F@H team in any way. After all, the true purpose of folding is for medical research, not for points or rivalry between teams. This is just a friendly competition, and if anyone would be willing to help out the Hardware Canucks team for a little while, they would appreciate that very much. They aren't trying to poach members from your team; they're just asking for a bit of help.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

So I've spent the past 5 years trying to get more team members for LR and you are telling me that it's okay to come to another site and ask to borrow members? It's just not right in my books and I've asked Mike the owner of HC to check into this.

His (Michael Hoenig) response:
The Folding Team captains as well as myself have stated numerous times that if a particular forum already has a folding team that the member expressly ask an Admin or Moderator on the site in question before posting anything. We have mentioned this many times in this thread:

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/ha ... nanas.html

Honestly, I apologize if you thought we were actively trying to recruit members through what seem to be underhanded tactics
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!