Why do big adv A3 units take so long?

Here you can find out about our Folding Team! Our goal: to understand protein folding, protein aggregation, and related diseases
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Why do big adv A3 units take so long?

Post by vbironchef »

Whenever I get a A3 work unit it takes almost a hour per %. A2 work units take much less time per %. I don't get it. Any reason why?
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Why do big adv A3 units take so long?

Post by vbironchef »

Can't seem to get any big-adv WU anymore? Is anyone getting big-adv WU's? Have they stopped?
spitter
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by spitter »

bigadv has been temporarily turned off for linux due to problems with the linux A3 core on bigadv work units
bigadv has been enabled for windows. Depending on the work unit availability, machines requesting bigadv may roll over to normal -advmethods.

http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=14714
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Thanks spitter! Going to let my smp clients finish and going to shut down for the summer. Will start up folding for Legit Reviews in the fall. Everyone have a great 4th of July! :) :supz: :drinkers:
spitter
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by spitter »

vbironchef wrote:Thanks spitter! Going to let my smp clients finish and going to shut down for the summer.
I'll keep folding, I put everything under water, still going almost full bore and hope to all summer. Happy 4th.. :drinkers: