Guess what died - AGAIN

Here you can find out about our Folding Team! Our goal: to understand protein folding, protein aggregation, and related diseases
KnightRid

Guess what died - AGAIN

Post by KnightRid »

I left Friday morning to go to Cigar Expo and got home today. Wondered why my Core i7 was not one. Hit the switch, beeping ensued, noticed the damn pump was at ---- again on the Domino ALC.

I have to say this Domino ALC is a piece of crap.

I tried to have an open mind, this one lasted a bit longer than any of the ones before that they replaced, but it still failed within months. I can no longer try and defend it, even though I won it from here and no money came out of my pocket except when they made me send the old broken ones back (really, is it worth it?).

So anyway, the bigadv computer will be down for a bit till I can find another cooler for it. Also, I have to get my video and photos from Cigar Expo all cleaned up, converted, etc, so I will probably be a little busy for a couple days.

Mike

This just sux - no reason a product has to have this fail rate. I am not calling them for another replacement because they will want me to spend more money sending the old one back - this is what, the 3rd or 4th return now! argh

Sorry for the rant, but that is why my points are going into the toilet for a bit :(
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
KnightRid

Re: Guess what died - AGAIN

Post by KnightRid »

Looked here - http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=164127 - and it seems the problems started around the 20th. I thought it was because I was getting windows reboots. Maybe the reboots were because the pump was going bad :(
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

:shock:

That sucks dude. Sorry to hear about that.
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by camaroguy1998 »

Wow, you've had some really bad luck with those coolers!
Are you going to an air cooler or trying another WC setup?
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

That sucks
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

camaroguy1998 wrote:Wow, you've had some really bad luck with those coolers!
Are you going to an air cooler or trying another WC setup?
I dont know. I may have to put the stock cooler back on and remove the OC for now. Have to check the money tree and see if I can shake anything loose for a new cooler ;)
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Why can't Legit Reviews give you what you need to keep folding?
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

vbironchef wrote:Why can't Legit Reviews give you what you need to keep folding?
That's not fair to even say really.

If LR would give to one person, they should give to all and then all of a sudden we would have 8000 folders for a short period of time to get free stuff (remember the folding competitions) and then they would leave or reduce what they are using.

I just wanted to express my frustration with this water cooler and to recommend everyone stay away. I could call them and I am sure they would do yet another warranty replacement just for the cost of me shipping the old one back, but I am just tired of paying for return shipping on an item they can't seem to keep working for more than a couple months.
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

I think your just being modest. Your one of Legit Reviews top producers! Have been for a long time. I think you deserve it. :)
skier

Post by skier »

KnightRid wrote:I just wanted to express my frustration with this water cooler and to recommend everyone stay away. I could call them and I am sure they would do yet another warranty replacement just for the cost of me shipping the old one back, but I am just tired of paying for return shipping on an item they can't seem to keep working for more than a couple months.
reminds me of a Sapphire 4670 i had, took the first one apart(removed hs/f) and it was dead when i put it back together, second one was dead after 1month of just sitting in a box(didnt have a need for it, then when i did it was dead) after that i just ripped the IC heatsinks off, cleaned up the arctic cooling hs/f and threw the card & box away. replacing anything after the first RMA is just silly, just buy something else, like an H50 :lol:
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
Zaxs
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Zaxs »

Yeah, i'm having issues with cooling too, and i was looking towards having a water cooler, but it's just horror stories like this which make my shy away.
It would make sense for LR to supply the machines if they were really desperate for users, but i think this is just a fun little way of spreading the word.