No work units?

Here you can find out about our Folding Team! Our goal: to understand protein folding, protein aggregation, and related diseases
ckthecerealkiller
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

No work units?

Post by ckthecerealkiller »

I am running v6.23 console and I have been waiting for a WU for about 17 hours. Keeps saying none available. The only flag I am running is -forcegpu ati_r800 and I have tried changing size, types, and all other options including -advmethods. Anyone else having trouble? I didn't see anything on the folding forums.

Edit** Problem is fixed, changed to the r700 flag and I am getting units again.
Last edited by ckthecerealkiller on Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bwall
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: No work units?

Post by Bwall »

You might try deleting your queue.dat file and change the machine id in the config. I saw that this helped someone having a similar issue with one of the other clients.
ckthecerealkiller
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Yep, changed ID and deleted .dat. I also re-downloaded the client and reconfigured fresh, still nothing. :?
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/serverstat.html
All the GPU servers show up according to stanford. Is 6.23 the latest client? Sometimes the Beta Clients are timebombed to stop working so you have to update to the latest.

Matt
ckthecerealkiller
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Latest GPU client compatible with my AMD card, yes. There is the new GPU3 for Nvidia cards only.

http://folding.stanford.edu/English/DownloadWinOther
ckthecerealkiller
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Got it, I changed to the forcegpu ati_r700 flag. The r800 flag is for mixed crossfire.