Grr vista

Operating Systems
Windows, Linux, Solaris, Red Hat, etc.....32 bit or 64 bit.
If its an OS, its here.
=LAS=Spitfire
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Grr vista

Post by =LAS=Spitfire »

We Just got vista on our new family computer and I cant stand it. I really wish Dell offered XP at the time we ordered the PC. Vista looks pretty but I really cant see any major advantages over XP. Sometimes when I log on, that side bar doesnt even function, and instead its a big black bar on the side of my screen? no reason for that, and every time you want to download, install, or do just about anything, you have to allow it which is sooo annoying. Im glad my parents dont have it passworded because that would be even more of a pain!

anyone know what i can do about that side bar thing?

Spit
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Grr vista

Post by Apoptosis »

why not just disable it? When I had integrated video on my HTPC (AMD 690G chipset) the sidebar was there sometimes and gone others... It was really strange... When I added discrete graphics (Radeon 2600 XT) I never had issues with the sidebar disappearing or going black for a few seconds. This was of course on Vista Ultimate 32-bit.
Zelig
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Zelig »

Disable UAC and the sidebar if you don't like them.
Tech_Greek
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Tech_Greek »

Yep, I've never had my sidebar just disappear until I did my Windows Updates and during them it disfigured once but went back to normal.

I'd try updating my drivers!
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Yep turn them off like everyone else said :)

I dont like the way Vista does windows explorer by auto moving the pane size by where your mouse is, but other than a few quirks, once i got used to Vista I like it better tahn XP.

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: