Windows 7 Screen Shots

Operating Systems
Windows, Linux, Solaris, Red Hat, etc.....32 bit or 64 bit.
If its an OS, its here.
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Windows 7 Screen Shots

Post by Illuminati »

I haven't seen anyone post screen shots of the Windows 7 beta yet, so here are some shots I took while running the beta through VMware... so I don't have the Aero look-and-feel available, but you will still see some of the new stuff... overall some minor changes when compared to vista.
To single out the last pic, now when you drag a window to a side, it will dock it to take up half the screen on the side you dragged it to automatically. If you drag it up, it will maximize it.

If you have better screen shots of windows 7 running natively, post up some screen shots so we can see the new visual effects better. :)
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
jmhammond
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: Windows 7 Screen Shots

Post by jmhammond »

I hope you'll excuse me (I'm not looking to start any flame war), but the screen shots of the desktop look an awful lot like my work KDE 4 desktop.

I look forward to testing out the beta myself on my home BootCamp partition.
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

Looks just like XP or Vista running something like WindowBlinds. I'm gonna be pissed if I just bought Vista Ultimate and they already cancel support for it. Heck, I can't even get my printer supported under Vista!
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

Skippman wrote:Looks just like XP or Vista running something like WindowBlinds. I'm gonna be pissed if I just bought Vista Ultimate and they already cancel support for it. Heck, I can't even get my printer supported under Vista!
XP officially hasn't been unsupported, your fine till at least 2011

I actually have it running on my netbook, and this version of windows can easily be installed from a thumbdrive
The steps for preparing the USB Disk.

1. Diskpart
2. List Disk
3. Select Disk 1 (Replace 1 with number reflecting your USB Drive)
4. clean
5. create partition primary
6. active
7. format fs=fat32 quick
8. assign
Then copy and paste the files contained in the ISO (or copy straight from the cd). I have all the Aero effects, and its smooth and fast on my Asus 1000HA with a OCZ Solid 30GB SSD with 2GB of Ram. Install was quick maybe 20minutes. I didn't have the camera enabled during install, but I will try to give it a go later.
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

jmhammond wrote:I hope you'll excuse me (I'm not looking to start any flame war), but the screen shots of the desktop look an awful lot like my work KDE 4 desktop.

Yep, nothing groundbreaking to see with Win 7.
Joe
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

FZ1 wrote:
jmhammond wrote:I hope you'll excuse me (I'm not looking to start any flame war), but the screen shots of the desktop look an awful lot like my work KDE 4 desktop.

Yep, nothing groundbreaking to see with Win 7.
Thats what I have read and heard. I have yet to mount any of them on a VM, but hope to do so soon - with the funeral and fixing 8billion peoples computers (ok, maybe 3 - still, seems like 8billion :p) I just havent had time.

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: