Windows 7 Sleep Hotfix

Operating Systems
Windows, Linux, Solaris, Red Hat, etc.....32 bit or 64 bit.
If its an OS, its here.
Sparky
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Windows 7 Sleep Hotfix

Post by Sparky »

I'm not sure if anybody here has had this problem in Windows 7, but my computer would crash coming out of sleep or one of the hard drives would vanish. I searched google and found it was a common problem. Last night I came upon this Microsoft Hotfix for both 32 & 64 bit. Installed it and it works fine now.

Link to Hotfix article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977178/#top

Link to Hotfix download: http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBH ... kbln=en-us
MSI Meg X570 Unify | Ryzen 3900X | Noctuna NH-U12A | G.Skill RipJaws DDR4 3600 16GB | Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe | (2) WD Blue 3TB Backups | MSI 2060 Super Gaming X | Meshify - C | SB X-Fi
jnanster
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Re: Windows 7 Sleep Hotfix

Post by jnanster »

Does this fix the "coming gout of sleep" shut down-restart problem for overclocked systems?
I've heard that it is unwise and even life threatening to place an overclocked machine in sleep as it can fricassee the MoBo.
I have done this unwittingly (placed my machine in sleep) and had my machine start this "on-off" syndrome and had to "pull the plug". No damage thank God.
ga-z77-dh3 (great & cheap O/C'er from Gigabyte)
i2600k/16 gigs Kingson 1600 (OC'ed to 4.5Ghz)
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 + (lapped, smok'in deal, 38C idle, 65C loaded)
MSI GTX 660ti Power Edition
Antec 900 case (quiet)
Sparky
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Windows 7 Sleep Hotfix

Post by Sparky »

jnanster wrote:Does this fix the "coming gout of sleep" shut down-restart problem for overclocked systems?
I've heard that it is unwise and even life threatening to place an overclocked machine in sleep as it can fricassee the MoBo.
I have done this unwittingly (placed my machine in sleep) and had my machine start this "on-off" syndrome and had to "pull the plug". No damage thank God.
I don't know about the problem you describe. Mine was either a blue screen after coming out of sleep or if it didn't blue screen, I could only see 1 or 2 of my 3 HD's even after going to device manager and scanning for hardware changes.

IMO can't hurt to try. I've been using it for two days now with no problems and no sleep issues.

Funny thing, I ran this same set up with the W7 beta and RC1 and never had this problem.
MSI Meg X570 Unify | Ryzen 3900X | Noctuna NH-U12A | G.Skill RipJaws DDR4 3600 16GB | Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe | (2) WD Blue 3TB Backups | MSI 2060 Super Gaming X | Meshify - C | SB X-Fi