Win 7 Tweak Apps

Operating Systems
Windows, Linux, Solaris, Red Hat, etc.....32 bit or 64 bit.
If its an OS, its here.
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Win 7 Tweak Apps

Post by Major_A »

I ran across this tweak utility on MajorGeeks, TweakMe!. I went to the author's website and discovered there are quite a few things on this guy's site.

TweakMe! - very similar tot XP Antispy that I'm sure some of you are familiar with. I ran the TweakMe! application on my Windows 7 virtual machine and it worked without corrupting the install.

Unlocks all editions on a Win 7 DVD.

Office 2010 Trail Extender - rearm the trial days back to 30 days up to 5 times.
smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Win 7 Tweak Apps

Post by smack323 »

I am assuming that even if you unlock a edition of Windows 7 you would still need the correct key to go with it?
Core i5-6500 - Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4 2133 - MSI 2080Ti - Antec 750W - Crucial 525GB SSD - Windows 10 64bit - ASUS 32" LED
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Yes, but there is an advantage there. Say you already bought XP Home Premium x64. Someone gives you or you buy cheaply a version of Ultimate x86. You have the ability to select the x64 version of Ultimate and install it using the x86 serial. Did this a few times with my Vista Home Premium x64 disc when I went to install the Vista Ultimate x86 that was given to me.
pwcmed
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by pwcmed »

I used this guide to combine all editions to include x64.

http://www.windowsvalley.com/blog/creat ... ingle-dvd/
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

The guide you posted states that it only needs a DVD5 disc (4.7GB). However, I just did the tweak above to my copy of Professional x64 and it looks like the image takes up roughly 3.75GB. When you did this can you confirm it works with just one DVD5? I'm asking because I don't have any dual layer discs and if I don't need to buy one then I won't.
pwcmed
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by pwcmed »

I didn't add the enterprise version because I really have no need for that. My final ISO excluding the enterprise version was 3.8 gigs. I noticed that when I added the starter and basic version it didn't increase the image by much.