Uninstalling in Macbook

Operating Systems
Windows, Linux, Solaris, Red Hat, etc.....32 bit or 64 bit.
If its an OS, its here.
ricky miller
Legit User
Legit User

Uninstalling in Macbook

Post by ricky miller »

I just want to know if it is safe to uninstall the default apps installed in my Macbook like GarageBand, iMovie, etc.

This is my first time with MacOS so I don't want to take any chances. Want to Make sure that doing this will not affect my system in any way.

Thanks
KnightRid

Re: Uninstalling in Macbook

Post by KnightRid »

https://osxdaily.com/2014/01/02/delete- ... -mac-os-x/

BACKUP FIRST

When you uninstall you may never be able to get them back unless you pay for a full version of MacOS again
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
alexawiliams784
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by alexawiliams784 »

Yes it is totally safe. No issues whatsoever . If you don’t need them any more or you are not using them then you should uninstall them.

But I would suggest using the garageband app. It is quite fun to use even if you have no knowledge, you will find it fun. If I had a Macbook I would never remove the garageband from there. But the truth is I don’t have one and I can’t use it on any other platform. It is compatible with MacOS and iOS only.
ricky miller
Legit User
Legit User

Post by ricky miller »

KnightRid wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:46 am https://osxdaily.com/2014/01/02/delete- ... -mac-os-x/

BACKUP FIRST

When you uninstall you may never be able to get them back unless you pay for a full version of MacOS again
Thanks, but I barely used these apps and I don't think I am gonna need them in the near future. So having a backup would not be any good to me right?
ricky miller
Legit User
Legit User

Post by ricky miller »

alexawiliams784 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:40 am Yes it is totally safe. No issues whatsoever . If you don’t need them any more or you are not using them then you should uninstall them.

But I would suggest using the garageband app. It is quite fun to use even if you have no knowledge, you will find it fun. If I had a Macbook I would never remove the garageband from there. But the truth is I don’t have one and I can’t use it on any other platform. It is compatible with MacOS and iOS only.
Thank you for your advice but I have no idea how this GarageBand works and I don't think I am gonna try it (Maybe in future who knows)
ricky miller
Legit User
Legit User

Post by ricky miller »

alexawiliams784 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:40 am But the truth is I don’t have one and I can’t use it on any other platform. It is compatible with macOS and iOS only.
Well, in a certain way you can use macOS apps in windows PC but for that, you have to create a macOS hybrid on your windows system using some emulators or using the Hackintosh method. I am not sure if you can use GarageBand with this method but you can try. Take reference from this article, this might help you.
rio45william
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by rio45william »

yes you can uninstall the Unwanted applications from MacOs!