Vista re-activation BS!

Operating Systems
Windows, Linux, Solaris, Red Hat, etc.....32 bit or 64 bit.
If its an OS, its here.
KnightRid

Vista re-activation BS!

Post by KnightRid »

Well when I replaced my Intel MB with a Gigabyte, I never reinstalled the whole OS since Vista took all the drivers and installed them perfectly. Now i get an activation error screne because the product is already in use!!!! I had to call the stupid 1800 number activation, type all the numbers in, jsut to have it tell me the same damn thing my computer did, THEN it gave me to a product activation person ( from India - dammit ), who proceded to tell me he can give me the number, but every time i change hardware I have to reinstall Vista or it will do the same thing :shock: . Now I am thinking he meant just the motherboard, but who knows now a days ;)

I know I wrote about this before Vista even came out, but damn it pisses me off that they have not changed this stupid policy. If you reinstall the OS each time, then you wont get this ( and yes that is the better option anyway, but I am lazy damn you :p )

Mike

rant over - might call customer support about this, but if reinstalling each time fixes it, that is what I should do anyway - just a pain in the arse.

*sigh*
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
liqnit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by liqnit »

sorry to hear that!
but why reinstall work?
it is the same number....
shadco
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by shadco »

add ram same thing..

run linux no more worries
Shad
I knew where I was when I wrote this...
I don't know where I am now...
Folding Rigs
GB DS3 [email protected] Gentoo Linux
Asus P5B-E [email protected] Kubuntu Linux
Asus P5B-DLX Q6600@?? Ubuntu Linux
Asus Commando [email protected]/1950XTX Winders/VMWare/Kubuntu
MSI Neo2 Plat [email protected] Debian Linux x 2
IMac 2ghz c2d OSX 10.4
Baddad53
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Baddad53 »

Let me get this straight..you spent your money for bleeding edge MicroSoft and you are now bleeding..:roll:
liqnit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by liqnit »

Baddad53 wrote:Let me get this straight..you spent your money for bleeding edge MicroSoft and you are now bleeding..:roll:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i like the phrase...
stereo55
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by stereo55 »

Curious ...retail or oem version ? Sounds like the oem hassles .
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

stereo55 wrote:Curious ...retail or oem version ? Sounds like the oem hassles .
Yea OEM - Intel Retail Edge program - I thought it was supposed to be a boxed Retail version, but i guess I read wrong. When I called to get the activation thingy, the guy told me retail would not make a difference, you would still have to re-install the OS or call to get a confrmation thing.

yes I am bleeding damnit.

If someone would fix the stupid install process for when a program is not on that synaptic thingy or whatever it is called in Linux - I would probably be using it right now, but until the install is fixed for say - folding@home so I can install it, and run it as a service as easily as I do in Windows - I will stay with windows :p

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Tech_Greek
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Tech_Greek »

Look, call back the 1800 #...beat the Activation System

Remember:
You only have this on ONE computer, just the one you're on now
You BOUGHT the computer from Best Buy
It was PREINSTALLED
It asked you to activate out of the blue

Stray away from those answers or get cocky with the india people and they will reject the activation...I active four of five copies a day of Vista, XP, etc...they all are the same.
wildlaser
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by wildlaser »

wow, smart thinking, yeah, them indian tech support dudes, i am sick of the outsourcing, they are taking away good AMERICAN jobs, think of all the jobless, *cries

you could give homeless guys the same jobs, and they could do it, just look up crap in their knowledgebase