Picasa

Anything and everything software related that doesn't fit above can go in here!
Tim Burton
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Picasa

Post by Tim Burton »

I was asked my opinion of that program. I don't know enough about it to give an opinion. I heard when it went to a free DL it had spyware attached to it by Google.

Anyone know? I just suggested the Irfan Thumbviewer and told me to make sure to not install the google bar.
alister
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by alister »

I like Picasa and use it frequently. I cannot remember if it had anything attached with it or not. If it did, it would have been the Google Toolbar. You can always install it without, I am sure that it will give you the option.
pcrobot
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by pcrobot »

I never really "got" picasa. What does it do?
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

Picasa is a free photo viewing/orginizing program from google.
I have had it and like it. I dont remember any spyware attached. The only thing i dont like about it is that it doesnt work with Novell Network systems to find photos on the network, which we have at work :( at home though it is good.
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009
Sapientun
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Sapientun »

Personally, I never liked Picasa because you have to organize everything into it's own categories to view it. I prefer XnView (http://www.xnview.com/), even over IrfanView Thumbnail viewer. Just go to the folder with your images, click and open. It's the fastest picture thumbnail viewer I find. 8)