FireFox's latest update?

Anything and everything software related that doesn't fit above can go in here!
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

FireFox's latest update?

Post by camaroguy1998 »

Has anyone else had problems with the latest FF update?

Late lastnight FF update popped up with a newer version ready for install and asked if I wanted to allow it to install. I clicked yes and it went through the install and asked to restart FF or remain working and the install would be complete on next FF restart. I did that, when I opened FF today everything was fine until I closed FF, I then got a BSOD with an error of "Bad pool Caller" or something like that and it rebooted! When It did everything seemed to be fine except when I opend FF again all my settings where gone and I lost all my bookmarks. Has anyone else had this problem or any others since the last FF update?
Last edited by camaroguy1998 on Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow
SAMSAMHA
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: FireFox's latest update?

Post by SAMSAMHA »

i installed the latest versin and did not experience any issue.
stev
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stev »

My boy updated last night too and since then he can't download anything with FF. He's using IE-6 to download via the browser now.

Under the tools > options > advance tab, I have the update as, Ask me what I want to do. :P This way, I'm not hit with anything on a first release.
AMD X2 TK-57 1.90Ghz | F700 Quanta | PC2-5300 DDR2 2Gb | GeForce 7000M | DVDRAM GSA-T40N | HP LaserJet 1018
My Stats http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=303718
http://www.eff.org - Electronic Frontier Foundation - working to protect your digital rights
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by camaroguy1998 »

stev wrote:My boy updated last night too and since then he can't download anything with FF. He's using IE-6 to download via the browser now.

Under the tools > options > advance tab, I have the update as, Ask me what I want to do. :P This way, I'm not hit with anything on a first release.
I have mine set that way also, I just chose to take the update then and now I'm paying for it.

I wonder if I do a system restore and go back a couple days if that will put everything back the way it was?

Corsair 4000D Airflow
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Mine came up with an error when it tried to install (just a FX one, not anything major), it redownloaded the update and it installed fine after that.

I would have been royally ticked off if it had of BSOD'd on me as I was doing a massive photoshop chop, and went for ages without saving >_<

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
doghucat
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by doghucat »

I also had issues and they are unexplained after the update to FF 2 unexpected shutdowns, checked for errors and none cane be found in memory or in problem reports so i will wait and see if I get a third shutdown.
Sandman/Intel C2D E8400 @3.00GHZ/ P5Q Pro Turbo Mobo / Xigmatik-1283 / 2-HD5670 Video-Crossfire / 4 Gig Kingston Ram / Antec P-180B Case
Notebook HP dv9720US 17" Wide Screen
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by top »

You're talking about 2.0.0.12, right? I have it installed and haven't experienced any problems yet.

What I do is every time I get that update message, I close the window and download the new version manually. Then I uninstall FF and then install the newer version.

That's just how I do things on my pc. I hate the idea of "patching" already installed software, especially when the update is stand-alone. The good thing about FF is that the registry settings and your bookmarks stay when you uninstall it.

Maybe there's a problem when FF goes from a previous version to .12 through the updater?
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Works fine for me - no problems with downloading or anything.

Gotta love Vista :p

Mike

I used the update feature inside of firefox - it failed on some partial download at first, then when i updated again it downloaded a 7mb file and updated fine.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by camaroguy1998 »

Yes its 2.0.0.12
Since the crash it seems to be running fine. What ticks me off is I lost all my settings and bookmarks! I bet I had 200 categorized bookmarks!

On a slight side note because of the crash I considered doing a system restore in hopes everything would be back to normal and that has failed. I've never had any problems with doing system restores before.
Does anyone have any ideas why system restore would fail?
I tried 3 times and picked a different date each time.

Corsair 4000D Airflow
stev
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stev »

camaroguy1998 wrote:Yes its 2.0.0.12
Since the crash it seems to be running fine. What ticks me off is I lost all my settings and bookmarks! I bet I had 200 categorized bookmarks!

I back my bookmarks up often to a USB jump-drive. I've been burned in the past with various browsers, Norton, system crashes, and hard-drive failures not to consider backing it up. :?
AMD X2 TK-57 1.90Ghz | F700 Quanta | PC2-5300 DDR2 2Gb | GeForce 7000M | DVDRAM GSA-T40N | HP LaserJet 1018
My Stats http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=303718
http://www.eff.org - Electronic Frontier Foundation - working to protect your digital rights