Can anyone Help?

Anything and everything software related that doesn't fit above can go in here!
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Can anyone Help?

Post by XstollieX »

A cd for some work software came apart. Not quite how my pops managed this one! What I am hopeing someone here can help with is; is there anyway to pull the software off of the computer and make an installable disk? If there is that would be great!! Don't know if it helps but the software is called imspost. any help is appreciated
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can anyone Help?

Post by DMB2000uk »

There isn't really.

The only thing that I can suggest is to try torrent sites, to see if there are any uploads of the iso from the disk you need.
It'd be legal as you've already got the licence and just need the replacement media.

I take it there are no other CDs elsewhere that you can copy.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
DX
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DX »

That or you can do what I have done. I once had a game called Kingdoms and a warranty replaced Memorex cd-rom 48x drive that the CD exploded in. The drive didn't seem to have a speed limiter in it as you could hear it just spin up and up. In my case when loading a big level the drive spun up so fast the disk exploded in the drive like a high caliber gun going off. I called up the publisher and told them "I was just playing the game and when I went to another level the CD exploded in my drive and totaled it." They asked that I get all the pieces I could put it in the original case and mail it to them and they would get me a replacement. Sure enough i got a replacement a little over a week later. I then called up Memorex and told them that their warranty replacement drive destroyed one of my original install CDs and that I needed this problem fixed they asked that I send the drive to a different location cause the CD had exploded and I got a brand new drive in exchange. So for a legitimate replacement CD it is possible to get one for free. :mrgreen:
AMD 960T OC'ed to 4gz
ASRock 970 EXTREME4 AM3+ AMD 970
2 X G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000)(16gb)
EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2682-KR GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

Tried the torrent sites, no go its a very specialized software. As for a replacement disk the company said if they can find one they will send it to us. The software version is almost 10 years old. Hopefully they can find a disk.
JohnnyVic
Legit User
Legit User

Post by JohnnyVic »

Most support files for software that old are built into the default XP/Vista installation so you might get lucky by simply copying the program from one computer to the next. Look for the program under Program Files and copy the entire folder. On the new computer, copy the files to the same location and create any shortcuts manually. If the program folder contains OCX/DLL files you can try to register them in a command window (eg. regsvr32 DLLname). If the program requires registry settings you can try to search for them using regedit.exe and export them to the new computer.