Has anyone used Opera?

Anything and everything software related that doesn't fit above can go in here!
unfaithfulsfan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Has anyone used Opera?

Post by unfaithfulsfan »

Just curious. I've heard of it but have never used it. I'm writing web pages for work and decided to d/l it to see how the pages display and have been fiddling around with it. Sems to be a pretty decent browser so far. Just curious what everyone else thinks?

Jack
"A payphone was ringing and it just about blew my mind,
when I picked it up & said 'Hello' this foot came through the line"
~Bob Dylan
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Has anyone used Opera?

Post by dgood »

I've used it, I liked it a lot, but there were a couple things that annoyed me. Most of them were probably fixable by changing settings. Instead of a homepage it was opening previously viewed pages when I last closed it. The interface was great I thought and it was very compatible. I still prefer Firefox and it's addons though.
doghucat
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by doghucat »

I have used it ever since FF started doing the is still running glitch and cannot be killed by the task manager and will not close. I like Opera as much as FF and it has some nice features.
Sandman/Intel C2D E8400 @3.00GHZ/ P5Q Pro Turbo Mobo / Xigmatik-1283 / 2-HD5670 Video-Crossfire / 4 Gig Kingston Ram / Antec P-180B Case
Notebook HP dv9720US 17" Wide Screen
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Alathald »

I've used it but I still like Firefox, only real way to decide if it's for you though is to take the plunge and try it out :toimonster: