FurMark 1.5.0 Graphics Card Stability Test Available!

Anything and everything software related that doesn't fit above can go in here!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

FurMark 1.5.0 Graphics Card Stability Test Available!

Post by Apoptosis »

FurMark, the popular graphics card stability test and OpenGL graphics benchmark, is available in version 1.5.0. This new version fixes a bug that occurs with ForceWare 180 series. On the new things side, FurMark adds a GPU temperature logger, a more intensive GPU stability test, and the avaibility of the startup interface in several languages. More information in FurMark’s changelog.

You can download FurMark 1.5.0 here: http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FurMark 1.5.0 Graphics Card Stability Test Available!

Post by DMB2000uk »

...a more intensive GPU stability test...
As if this didn't torture cards beyond breaking point already, they just went and upped the stress!?! :rolleyes:

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
geokilla

Post by geokilla »

Does it tell you if your GPU isn't stable? I don't think the 1.4 told me if my GPU was artifacting during the stability test.
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.16V (CPU-Z + LinX)
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H F14 BIOS
ASUS GTX 460 768MB @ 800/1950
Kingston HyperX DDR3 8GB @ DDR-1333
Corsair AX750
Crucial M4 128GB
Western Digital Black 1TB
Cooler Master Hyper 212+ EVO
BenQ E2420HD
---------------------
I AM CANADIAN!
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

well if it crashes your gpu isnt stable ;)
skier

Post by skier »

martini161 wrote:well if it crashes your gpu isnt stable ;)
:lol: nice
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

the new version of FurMark is available and it is v1.6.0

FurMark 1.6.0 ChangeLog:

New: added a GPU temperature monitoring graph in stability test mode.
New: added a checkbox to enable post-processing effect in stability test mode. Post-processing effect shader is loaded from the file post-processing-fx.xml. So if you know GLSL programming, you can customize this effect shader. See on Geeks3D.com for a complete tutorial.
New: added OpenGL 3.0 support. If OpenGL 3.0 is detected, the rendering is done via an OpenGL 3.0 context.
New: added new interface translations. See FurMark Interface Translations @ oZone3D.Net Forums
for more details.
New: added start and end GPU temperatures logging in benchmark mode.
Change: little interface reorganization to better handle translations with long text blocks.
largon
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by largon »

ATi users might want to rename the executable to something else (literally anything) as when Catalyst detects "FurMark.exe" it will throttle the card because this app is more stressing than anything out there and can easily cause the card to overheat.
Atleast HD4k series is affected.

Renaming the executable will also result in a significant increase in the benchmark score because the automatic throttling hinders performance in this app.
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

largon wrote:ATi users might want to rename the executable to something else (literally anything) as when Catalyst detects "FurMark.exe" it will throttle the card because this app is more stressing than anything out there and can easily cause the card to overheat.
Atleast HD4k series is affected.

Renaming the executable will also result in a significant increase in the benchmark score because the automatic throttling hinders performance in this app.
I generally don't recommend people to do this.

The scaled back by ATI furmark is already more stressful than anything out there, so why put your card under un-needed stress for the sake of a few extra points?

I also think it's overkill to use as a artifact scanner, ATI tool is much more in line with what stress games will put your card under and as such doesn't risk melting things.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Kougar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kougar »

Wow, I was using the really old 1.4.0 version.

Current version is 1.6.5 which fixes crashing issues with the latest Catalyst drivers. The original URL only mentions 1.6.1, but http://www.geeks3d.com/?p=3200 is more current. The author mentioned 1.7.0 is soon to come bringing some new stuff. :)

I just love this program... completely blows ATI Tool and any other program out of the water for heating up the GPU. If it just had an artifact scanner like ATI Tool it'd be perfect... :prayer:
Core i7 920 @ 4.2GHz 1.36v
Gigabyte GA-X58-UD5
Under Water
largon
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by largon »

I totally prefer Furmark over 3DMarks - especially 3DMark06 which is actually a CPU benchmark.
Too bad Furmark is so sensitive for GPU architecture that the benchmark scores mean nothing. RV770 scores like crazy, considerably more than a G200, yet G200 is faster in games.
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

largon wrote:I totally prefer Furmark over 3DMarks - especially 3DMark06 which is actually a CPU benchmark.
Too bad Furmark is so sensitive for GPU architecture that the benchmark scores mean nothing. RV770 scores like crazy, considerably more than a G200, yet G200 is faster in games.
3dmark things are benchmarks. benchmarks for your cpu and gpu. they were never intended to be burn ins