Yahoo takes on Google with extra mail storage

Anything and everything software related that doesn't fit above can go in here!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yahoo takes on Google with extra mail storage

Post by Apoptosis »

The storage hikes were announced by Yahoo executives at an analyst meeting on Thursday, where the company was keen to show that it is ready to take on rival Google, which grabbed headlines with the announcement in March that it is planning to offer a free e-mail service with a 1GB limit dubbed Gmail.

Responding to the Gmail offer, Yahoo plans to raise the storage limits for its free e-mail users later in the second quarter or third quarter of this year from the current 6MB to 100MB, a U.K. spokeswoman for the company confirmed Friday. Meanwhile, premium subscribers -- who currently pay close to US$50 a year for 100MB of storage -- will be given "virtually unlimited" capacity later this year, the spokeswoman said.

Executives from the Sunnyvale, Calif., company did not say exactly how much storage capacity premium subscribers will receive but the spokesman confirmed that it was "on par" with Gmail's 1GB limit.
Wow... I'm impressed and it wont invade your privacy as much from what I have read.

For The Full Read
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

"virtually unlimited" capacity is a pretty broad claim. I think I'll sign up so I can have my own privite copy of the internet. :lol:
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

yeah, but who the hell needs 1Gb, thats huge, 1Gb worth of text.... :|
kalmark
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by kalmark »

You could send CD-images via email...wouldn't that be great? :)