Nero 10 Suite Causing Net Framework to Fubar

Anything and everything software related that doesn't fit above can go in here!
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Nero 10 Suite Causing Net Framework to Fubar

Post by Kaos Kid »

I've been wanting to try out the Nero 10 Suite, but when I try to install the trial (direct from the site, not a warez file) it gets as far as wanting to install Net 3.0 then fails and crashes, closing the installer. I don't know why it even wants to do anything to Net3.0, since I have NET updated through 4.0 so you'd think it wouldn't be an issue. Anyway, once it does this, it FUBARS the existing NET Frameworks to the point that when I go to M$ update it shows that the following needs to be installed (even though they were previously fine)

Letting M$ do a reinstall of the above shows it does so successfully, but then after a reboot it pops right back up with the above needing to be reinstalled again. To fix this I went into Add/Remove Proggies and uninstalled all NET Frameworks, then rebooted and reinstalled them all again in numerical order (1, then 1.1, then 2.0 and so on all the way up to 4.0) I set a restore point after the successful reinstalls. As soon as I tried to install Nero 10 again it started all over. I had all my Antivirus and Anti-Malware turned off so there shouldn't have been any conflicts. Any ideas why Nero 10 wants to FUBAR my NET Framework?
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
rrplay
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Re: Nero 10 Suite Causing Net Framework to Fubar

Post by rrplay »

Some of this info should get you going ..take a look here http://www.nero.com/enu/support-nero10- ... stallation

"The installation of Microsoft.NET Framework 3.0 / NET Framework 3.5 has failed. Setup will now exit." What can I do? [and follow the info there.]
...Then run the downloaded installer until the extraction process is complete and click on cancel to abort the installation. Open your temp directory by entering %temp% into the address field of the Windows Explorer and navigate to the extracted Nero folder Nero20100x (x for version). Open this folder and execute there the Nero.MultimediaSuite.MSI. Nero 10 should now get installed on your system.
If this does not work.

Try this method with the dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip found here http://cid-27e6a35d1a492af7.skydrive.li ... =411798194

More info about dotnetfx_cleanup_tools is here http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archiv ... 72276.aspx

clean your temp folder and reinstall NET Framework 3.5 from Microsoft.
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

Cool, Thanks!

Edit: Since I had already cleaned up the NET installs, the temp folder workaround was all I needed, it installed fine. :)
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
rrplay
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by rrplay »

Thanks for the response && that you are good2go! ..cause one of those was going to work.