FF v7.0.1 Major Problem

Anything and everything software related that doesn't fit above can go in here!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

FF v7.0.1 Major Problem

Post by Major_A »

I'm having such an ordeal with FF that I'm using Chrome as my primary browser right now. There's no rhyme or reason to duplicate the problem. Every now and then FF will lockup my entire computer for 5-30 seconds. It's become so frequent I'm not even using it until they release an update. I tried searching Google for an answer but only found very old topics that didn't help. Anyone have an answer or recommend some "about:config" settings I should play with?
Dogs is good
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: FF v7.0.1 Major Problem

Post by Dogs is good »

This reply is not exactly an answer to the question that you asked (how to fix FF 7.0.1), but it will get you a stable and fully useable FF browser working.

I have never used FF 7.x, but went directly from the 6.x release version to the 9.x alpha versions, with no problems. Now I'm running the nightly build of FF 10.x, and again have had only one, fairly minor, problem in the 4 months I've been using it. You can access the nightly builds of the 10.x alphas here:http://nightly.mozilla.org/.

There has been absolutely no trouble with the nightly alpha builds of FF 9.x or FF 10.x with one minor and quickly fixed exception. Late last week one of the nightly builds would begin switching back and forth between showing the menu bar, and hiding it. It switched back and forth very fast, giving a sort of fluttering effect to the browser. But (big advantage of the nightly alpha builds) it was fixed within 24 hours. Other than that, there have been absolutely no problems. In my opinion, FF 10.x is ready to go to a short public beta, the full release.
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: FF v7.0.1 Major Problem

Post by Major_A »

I don't want to run a beta/alpha build. I use Internet Download Manager for all my downloads and it's only updated to support the latest builds of Firefox. Thanks for the advice though.