System testing

Anything and everything software related that doesn't fit above can go in here!
Merlin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

System testing

Post by Merlin »

Hey guys, I am still learning about all this and I need a little help. I have SANDRA and I know how to run the benchmarks but I don't know how to use the info I get or what it means for my system. I want to find out exactly what parts of my system need upgrading and what parts are fine. I know I could be sure if I just bought the top of the line but money is tight so I need to maximize what I already have and upgrade a little to remove any bottlenecks. I have an MSI K7N2 Delta-L runnign an Athelon 2800+ Barton that is unlocked and will overclock. I have a Radeon 9600SE with 128DDR. I am using on board sound and I have a Maxtor 120Gig ATA 133 HDD boot drive with a Maxtor 30Gig ATA133 storage. I also have a 52x24x52 CD ROM burner and a Sony DVD burner. I am pretty sure my RAM is the weak point now with 512 of PC2100 in dual channel. Any help would be appreciated both in system analysis and reading SANDRA.
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

Thats a good system. The pc2100 would hold you back when overclocking as you cant run 1:1 fsb to ram. I think thats the only thing you need to upgrade. You might want to look into doing a softmod on your 9600se. i dont know if that card can be soft modded but if it can then your in the money as it would run as a 9600 non pro or pro.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"