Combine a series of movies together.

Anything and everything software related that doesn't fit above can go in here!
smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Combine a series of movies together.

Post by smack323 »

I am wondering if anyone know how I can put together some of my blue ray movies. Basically I just got the 3 pack of Lord of the Rings blue ray movies and want to be able to play them as one long movie streaming from my media server. I have all kinda movies I can play individually but dont want to mess around with that. Does anyone use any software that could do this? Free would be prefered. Thinking of doing the same with Matrix and Starwars.
Core i5-6500 - Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4 2133 - MSI 2080Ti - Antec 750W - Crucial 525GB SSD - Windows 10 64bit - ASUS 32" LED
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Combine a series of movies together.

Post by DragonFury »

you could try Cyberlink power director, you get a 30 day free trial.
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Well - http://www.dvdfab.com/hd-decrypter.htm - that seems to be a free program to remove the protection from the blu ray and copy it to your hard drive.

Next step would be to remove menus and such and cram the movies together - I would still use 1 file per movie and not combine the entire trilogy.

I don't know of a program to rip the menus/extras and combine 2 or more together into one stream without recompressing the movie so you would have to do some googling but it does seem like the decryption can be done for free.

If you do find a program to do all that for free, let us know - You have my curiosity peaked since playing blu-ray through my network doesnt work (I think it is the protection)
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

The size of file you will get from a BR Rip is going to be too big of file for Movie Maker.

HD Decryptor will pull just the movie from the disk, stripping all the menus and extras.

Getting them all in one line, with credits and intros removed to have one LOOOooong movie. That will require converting to something that can be edited, like an AVI, cut out the intros and credits, re-save the AVI file. Then make a play list in your HTPC for the series.

If you're not worried about the intros and credits, DVD Fab to hard drive, Handbrake to M4V, then make a play list.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by smack323 »

I dont really need/want the menus or special features or all that other crap. One thing I dont like about streaming my blu rays is the damn Cinavia on my PS3 will mute the move 20 minutes in. oh yeah I forgot about all the credits and crap so i would need to edit the file to cut those out also. Sounds like it might be more work then I want to put in.. perhaps I'll stick to getting off my ass and changing a disk for now. I'll give it a try eventually.
Core i5-6500 - Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4 2133 - MSI 2080Ti - Antec 750W - Crucial 525GB SSD - Windows 10 64bit - ASUS 32" LED
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

All my DVDs are in a box in the closet. I rip all my DVDs (stripped of menus and features) with DVDfab HD Decryptor (free), converted M4V format with handbrake (free), stored on my NAS. I can stream off that with Twonkey to my boys Xbox and my Android phone. all the PC's in the house just stream off the NAS as well. Looking to get a WDTV box for the living room.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by smack323 »

I do have 90% of my DVD already ripped to my media center. I use Tversity to steam to my PS3 - but still wasnt sure how to combine them together.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

never EVER convert something before you edit it!!!!

Ok, I am a quality nazi and just cant stand that :) Every time you convert something you degrade the quality. On a small screen, you cant see it but put that puppy on a nice big screen and you will notice a lot of crap (divx, xvid, etc - crap).

Yes there are programs to edit the video without re-encoding. I do not know which free ones are out there as I have not looked but you can check doom9.org and the forums forum.doom9.org to get some ideas. Also avsforum.com
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: