GVP to AVI

Anything and everything software related that doesn't fit above can go in here!
Topher
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

GVP to AVI

Post by Topher »

For anyone who has downloaded GVP files from Google Video, here's a little tool I whipped up in VB.NET that converts GVP to AVI. Well, actually it doesn't really "convert" the file, it just extracts the path from the file and allows you to save it in AVI. Simple, yet handy....

http://webpages.charter.net/crossen2798 ... _Setup.exe
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

8) I'll give this a try over lunch
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Nice one, I always wondered how to get rid of the proprietary format, cheers mate!

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Zenphic
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Zenphic »

I thought Google Videos and YouTube videos were .FLV's no? unless they changed it? :-k
netnomadic
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: GVP to AVI

Post by netnomadic »

[quote="Topher"]For anyone who has downloaded GVP files from Google Video, here's a little tool I whipped up in VB.NET that converts GVP to AVI. Well, actually it doesn't really "convert" the file, it just extracts the path from the file and allows you to save it in AVI. Simple, yet handy....

http://webpages.charter.net/crossen2798 ... _Setup.exe[/quote]

Based on your contribution I've found another way. Open the Google file with Notepad and copy the video address. Past it in your browser and you will be downloading the video in avi format.javascript:emoticon('\\:D/')
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

sweet!!! yeah i dont watch google videos very much because they are in that format. Ill deff try this!!
Topher
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Topher »

I've found another way. Open the Google file with Notepad and copy the video address. Past it in your browser and you will be downloading the video in avi format
Um.... Yeah..... Those are the same steps that led me to create the utiility to begin with. It's much easier to run the utility and point to the file than it is to open it, copy part of it's contents, then paste it into a browser.

Not to mention the browser eats up some 25 MB of system memory (at least) compared to GVPtoAVI which eats up half as much as your standard browser.

Regardless... Whatever works for you....
rsrch
Legit User
Legit User

Post by rsrch »

I converted the file to AVI. thanksTopher and netnomadic
but, nero showtime will play it, but nerovision gives me unable to insert, neroexpress says unexpected file format. :( .
What program can I use to make a cvd or dvd ?
Thanks for any help.
rsrch
Legit User
Legit User

Post by rsrch »

ConvertXtoDVD worked for me. :)
cheezgamer92
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: GVP to AVI

Post by cheezgamer92 »

Topher wrote:For anyone who has downloaded GVP files from Google Video, here's a little tool I whipped up in VB.NET that converts GVP to AVI. Well, actually it doesn't really "convert" the file, it just extracts the path from the file and allows you to save it in AVI. Simple, yet handy....

http://webpages.charter.net/crossen2798 ... _Setup.exe
this is the greatest thing ever i found a video online of someone beating smb3 in 11 minutes and i needed it to be in a normal format like mpeg, mov, or avi cuz my other converter that converts to smv format so I can play movies on my mp3 video player has to be in those formats and now with your converter I can put anything off google onto my mp3 video player thanx a lot :mrgreen: :prayer: :supz: :)
Cheez Rules :-)