VPN software for free

Anything and everything software related that doesn't fit above can go in here!
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

VPN software for free

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

I came across this free VPN (virtual Private Network) program that allows you to connect to friends computers over the net as if you connected on a lan. you can browse through thier shared folders and IM each other. it connects like if you were on a lan, so if you needed a password to connect to another computer then you need the password and username to connect to your friends computer. ALSO FIREWALLS ENABLED CAN CREATE PROBLEMS, IF YOU WANT TO GIVE THIS PROGRAM A TRY DISABLE FIREWALLS OR GRANT PERMISSION.

(there can be some advanced stuff to this so if you are unfamiliar with sharing folders then you may want to seek some help :) )

http://www.hamachi.cc/download/
you dont have to fill in the blanks, just click download

install it : ***uncheck the vulnerable windows services box, program wont work properly if you do check it***

you can follow the tutorial once it comes up (thats what i did)

Basically click on the power button on the bottom left, create a username, if you dont already have shared folders it will ask for some.

then the button next to it click it and say join or create network. (if you are lost, i would follow the tutorial)

some setting that can help:
for IMing go to prefrances and make it so it will pop the window up, or else when someone IMs you it will blink in the sys tray

play around with it, i thought it was kind of cool
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Might give it a whirl!

I normally use realvnc for all my systems in the house.

Mike

always looking for new and improved ways to do things ;)
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

another bad thing, if you use the dyndns engine to auto update your dynamic ip, this will change that. so your ip will not be right!!
Nuxil1
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Nuxil1 »

I've been looking for something like this so I can connect to home computer from work. I was trying Ultra vnc but didnt get very far with it.