Athlon X2 3600+ Brisbane Voltage Issue

Discussions about AMD Processors and overclocking. Need help with that new AMD CPU or not sure which one to buy? Like to void your warranty? This is the place for you! Please keep the topic on Processors only!
RabidDog
Legit User
Legit User

Athlon X2 3600+ Brisbane Voltage Issue

Post by RabidDog »

I am just a little confused. I am in the process of overclocking my X2 Brisbane 3600+. I am pushing to see how fast my proc can go to begin with. I lowered my DDR2 800 RAMm to 533 and my CPU Multiplier to 8.5(from 9.5) I have been increasing the FSB (starting at 200) all the way up to what it is now at - 270mhz. I have been running Super Pi and Prime95 on it each time I increase to test stability. So far no problems. However, I just noticed that my CPU Voltage is all the way up to 1.44v. It started at 1.34v and I never touched it throughout the process. It was set on auto so I changed to a moderate 1.3625v to see if it was stable. CPUZ now reads my voltage at 1.408v, even though I manually set my voltage at 1.3625. What does that mean? :shock:

Yes I am a newbie overclocker but exept for this issue, everything seems to be straightforward and working fine. After I find out my max Proc speed I will then go to find my max RAM speed/timings. THen I will equalize my multiplier and RAM settings to match.

PS: Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to make sure you guys knew what I was talking about.

System config:
AMD Athlon X2 3600+ (Brisbane core 65nm)
Asus M2N32 SLI Deluxe Mobo
2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800
EVGA 8800 GTS 640mb
Antec Truepower 650Watt PSU
odie2190
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by odie2190 »

even if it is running at 1.4 its still not bad at all, you should start worrying at like 1.6+ depending on ur cooling if you use air then ull be at like 70 c full load, if water then the temps shouldn't be so bad so on so forth. what are your temps like on full and idle loads?