Which processor is better?

Discussions about AMD Processors and overclocking. Need help with that new AMD CPU or not sure which one to buy? Like to void your warranty? This is the place for you! Please keep the topic on Processors only!
compdict
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Which processor is better?

Post by compdict »

I have a question. Which processor is better? AMD or Intell? I ask this because AMDs seem to be cheaper when you buy them over intell. Also I hear that AMD is a preffered gaming processor. I hear a lot of talk about both. I would like to know what everyone has to say on this forum. I value your comments. Thanks.
Zertz
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Which processor is better?

Post by Zertz »

Intel performs better overall. Although if you're on a tight budget, AMD is often a better choice.
pavilion cooler
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by pavilion cooler »

i don't know about processors today but back when we had single core chips my amd 1.8ghz blow away my intel 2.2ghz
(if that or the program i used isn't right i used whetstone)
duplo83
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by duplo83 »

Intel's Core 2 line is king of the hill right now, their performance dominates AMD's. That isn't to say that AMD's chips are bad, they're actually great chips that are perfect for inexpensive, lite weight machines. I build computers as a side job/hobby. The only Intel chips I ever install are for users who have gaming or other power-intensive tasks in mind, for everyone else who just plan to email and execute other 'mild' tasks I go with AMD. Their price point is absolutely killer.
Case=Antec Twelve Hundred
Mobo=EVGA 790i Ultra SLI
CPU=Intel Q9450 OC @ 3.7 Ghz
GPU=GTX 280 X 2 SLI
RAM=Corsair DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24
Sound=Creative X-fi Xtreme Gamer
PSU=SilverStone DA1000 1000W
3DMark Vantage=Overall-21,591
CPU-43,435
GPU-18,491
kappage
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kappage »

Even then i have had the experience to play around with some AMD based computers that people use for gamine even i think a friend of mine has an old AMD 4500+ X2 ( i think thats right) with a 7950GTX with it and it plays crysis on medium with no worries at all. So if oyu really want Uber gaming performance go with the high range Intel but make sure you buy a GPU to match it or if you just want ordinary playable games go AMD, because they are cheaper and can almost do the same thing
Main Rig: C2D 6850 @ 3.0Ghz, 2Gb DDR2667Mhz @ 833Mhz 5-5-5-15 Timings , XFX xXx 8600GTS @ 730/2260 , Gigabyte Ga-945GCM-S2L
JukeBox: Currently in an Upgrade but im too lazy to do it at the moment
I² keepin it real