Question about AMD

Discussions about AMD Processors and overclocking. Need help with that new AMD CPU or not sure which one to buy? Like to void your warranty? This is the place for you! Please keep the topic on Processors only!
mineonenj156
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Question about AMD

Post by mineonenj156 »

I never in my entire life brought a AMD product. I always been a Intel guy. But this year I wanted to change my cpu so I brought a AMD Phenom 8450 Triple-Core Processor 2.11GHZ. Alot of people that I know kinda dis me and said that was the worst cpu ever made and that intel quad core beats it in the long run. My question is how does everyone feels about the cpu that I brought??? please help me ....
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Question about AMD

Post by Alathald »

It's not a horrible processor but the Intel Quad blows it out of the water. I'm sure that's not what you want to hear but the AMD isn't bad, it's just that Intel is better ATM.
Kougar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kougar »

It's a decent processor in it's own right, but Intel's chips do usually outperform it. Intel's Quads do cost a fair bit more though, and it certainly is not the worst CPU ever made... I think Intel gets that dishonor. ;)
Core i7 920 @ 4.2GHz 1.36v
Gigabyte GA-X58-UD5
Under Water
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

If it does everything you want it to do then who cares in the long run? Just tell your friends to STFU and that you saved money ;)