formula for calculating 1/2 mulitpliers

Discussions about AMD Processors and overclocking. Need help with that new AMD CPU or not sure which one to buy? Like to void your warranty? This is the place for you! Please keep the topic on Processors only!
Liquid3D
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

formula for calculating 1/2 mulitpliers

Post by Liquid3D »

Hi all, I'm running some tests and due to my unfamiliarity with the A64 internal memory controller I ran a series of benchmarks on the 9.5x270FSB. The benchmarks came out pretty good, however I udnerstand their not "valid" due to the on-die MCH's inability to work with .5 values.

Does anyone know of, or where i can find the formula to translate such things as Bandwidth MB/s formula, and 3DMarks etc. into "real world" numbers?
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

try this cool little utility

http://www.geocities.com/gtstrider/

Even better try this app out

link
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Liquid3D
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Liquid3D »

I think I've found the answer to my own question.

The AMD on-die memory controller round's up any .5 value. For example:

9.5 x 270MHz = 2565MHz to find the "Real HTT" you need to divide result by the next highest multipler. SO:

2565 / 10 = 256 and 270 - 256 = 14MHz this is the difference? Per this formula. Please let me know if I'm on the right track?

EDIT: THANKYOU SOOOOO MUCH! The tool looks great! I'm about to re-boot and give it a try. Luckily I only ran one set of benchmarks off the 9.5x out of a 7-kit round-up. With at least three different speed grades per kit I would have looked pretty silly. I knew something was wrong and my friend told me how asinine I was. Since I fried my Intel I had to re-aquaint myself with the A64's nuances, and already they have the Sandiego out, omph.