Athlon 64 939 CPUs to launch at Computex

Discussions about AMD Processors and overclocking. Need help with that new AMD CPU or not sure which one to buy? Like to void your warranty? This is the place for you! Please keep the topic on Processors only!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Athlon 64 939 CPUs to launch at Computex

Post by Apoptosis »

Kinda figured this, but just giving everyone the heads up that the 939's are coming soon to shelf near you. I know a bunch of people were waiting for the 939's due to cost. (should be less, no registered memory costs, and so on)

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15755

Now I just hope it isn't a paper launch
pastorjay
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by pastorjay »

Paper launch... they almost all are these days. Though I would have to say it is encouraging to hear that the new ATI cards should be hitting shelves this weekend and the platinum version in about 3 weeks. That is pretty close to the actual launch!
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

Also gotta remember the motherboards dont need to be 6 layers anymore... so much less mobo costs!

IMO, there isnt much point buying stuff now, as PCI-EX is around the corner.... so i would wait a while and get both of them together....
Genuine
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Genuine »

I just read that the launch was delayed, only one week though. So they are coming beginning of June.