Which is a better CPU?

Discussions about AMD Processors and overclocking. Need help with that new AMD CPU or not sure which one to buy? Like to void your warranty? This is the place for you! Please keep the topic on Processors only!
klite
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Which is a better CPU?

Post by klite »

I posted this on the Intel forum. then thought I better post it here to see if I was just getting an Intel biased viewpoint.

Which CPU is better

1. 2.1GHz AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core RM-72
2. 2.0GHz Intel Dual-Core T4200

I have been told that an intel chip is normally faster than a comparable AMD chip.

Thanks for your help

http://forums.legitreviews.com/about21486.html
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Which is a better CPU?

Post by InspectahACE »

Generally speaking yes, Intel is faster than AMD at comparable speeds.
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Which is a better CPU?

Post by Skippman »

Depends on the task. ACE is right that in general, pound for pound the Intel chips going to be faster and will definatly OC better if you're considering that.

The AMD proc at stock settings might give you a SLIGHTLY better performance increse in 3D games and applications over the Intel chip but I doubt it.