Is this ok for the cheapest build???

Discussions about AMD Processors and overclocking. Need help with that new AMD CPU or not sure which one to buy? Like to void your warranty? This is the place for you! Please keep the topic on Processors only!
hades the gamer
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Re: Is this ok for the cheapest build???

Post by hades the gamer »

DL13 wrote:I don't see any differences, My sons rig has a AM2+ Phenom X4, 4GB of DDR2 ram and he plays Modern Warfare 2 and me I play it too just look at my sig, and mine is 10 times better than my sons. Now the Fps is more to do with the GPU, better the video card better the fps. If you take the same setup on a rig and use a low end card and play MW2 you more likely get lagging, now take that same rig and put a high end card in it and the lagging is gone.
A good gaming rig will have at lest (what I think is a good one is) a duel core cpu, 4GB of ram, mid rang board of higher, mid rang video card or higher.
Now thats really true man. Gpu gets more fps, but if u ve a CPU like i do now and put a high end card its definitely going to bottleneck it....
well in my case my mobo also has a pci-e 1.0 slot!!! Yeah i know thats INSANE(is it?? ) well thanks for the info.... i will decide wat to go for
and will let ya know when i order :)

Thanks for the help :)
DL13
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Is this ok for the cheapest build???

Post by DL13 »

Ya let me know and you welcome.
Gigabyte MA790FXTA-UD5 / Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.41Mhz / Mushkin 2X2GB 1333 / XFX 5870 1GB / Cooler Master HAF 932 / Win 7 Pro 64 / ACER G24 LCD 24"