can I change buckeye-gl8e to an amd board

Discussions about AMD Processors and overclocking. Need help with that new AMD CPU or not sure which one to buy? Like to void your warranty? This is the place for you! Please keep the topic on Processors only!
cadwalladhr
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

can I change buckeye-gl8e to an amd board

Post by cadwalladhr »

I have an HP Pavilion m7650n Media Center computer that had an ASUS P5LW-LA (Buckeye GL8E) mobo that lasted two days past guarantee, ie one year and two days. Changed to an Intel board that lasted 3 years. Can I change to an AMD mobo that fits this computer with dual Pentium 2 Intel processor?
lordvic
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: can I change buckeye-gl8e to an amd board

Post by lordvic »

Welcome to Legit Reviews!

This is what I'm seeing that you want to ask:
You want to buy an AMD motherboard that supports Intel processors/CPUs; is that correct?
If so, that is NOT possible. AMD motherboards will ONLY support AMD's processors...and same with Intel. The design & socket type for AMD motherboards are different from the design for Intel CPUs.

The world's two major companies (AMD & Intel) probably don't want the consumer to use the competition's products anyways...

If you are saying that you want to change your motherboard to an AMD compatible motherboard & use AMD CPUs, than you can. As long as the your HP chassis fits the motherboard (size), and that the motherboard stand-off screws support AMD boards then it should be possible.
Cooler Master HAF 932 // Phenom II 1090T @ 4.1GHz (not 110% stable) // ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX // Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler // Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 @ 1150/1500 // 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill RipJaws + 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill RipJawsX @1600 8-9-8-21-1T // Corsair TX850 // Corsair ForceGT 120GB SSD // Kingston V200+ 120GB SSD // WD Caviar Black 1TB // LiteON DVD-RW // Windows 7 Ult. 64-bit
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: can I change buckeye-gl8e to an amd board

Post by Apoptosis »

Did you buy the motherboard on a credit card?

Most Gold/Platinum cards extend 1-year warranties to two years. Might be worth a shot.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!