Ryzen 3600

Discussions about AMD Processors and overclocking. Need help with that new AMD CPU or not sure which one to buy? Like to void your warranty? This is the place for you! Please keep the topic on Processors only!
CharlieBrown
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Ryzen 3600

Post by CharlieBrown »

Good day,

I am looking to buy a new processor. I need to upgrade my gaming rig. It is not a high shelf, as my budget oscillates somewhere between low-mid regions. I am planning to play Cyberpunk and Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2. I am fully aware I won't be able to play on ultra or even high details but I am fine with medium or med-high as long as I can play smoothly with 60 fps. And here is my question: is it true that AMD's are much better for gaming purposes? And is AMD Ryzen 3600 a good choice?
KnightRid

Re: Ryzen 3600

Post by KnightRid »

Most games are not restricted by CPU anymore, they rely on the GPU for almost everything. So you need a fast video card and the 2600 should do a decent job. I would add a couple bucks and at least get the 3600 but that is just my opinion.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Albert90
Legit User
Legit User

Re: Ryzen 3600

Post by Albert90 »

I'm a 3500X user, and nothing I've ever thrown at it was limited by the CPU, as said above. So yes, the 3600 is gonna be a good choice - you can be pretty confident in that decision.