Overclock my 4200+ dual core am2?

Discussions about AMD Processors and overclocking. Need help with that new AMD CPU or not sure which one to buy? Like to void your warranty? This is the place for you! Please keep the topic on Processors only!
sparz
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Overclock my 4200+ dual core am2?

Post by sparz »

Hey, this is my first post :) and iv already enjoyed all these great reviews on this website

My specs are:

AMD 4200+ dual core
1 gig(2x512)a-data 800 mhz ram
M2N-MX motherboard
Thermaltake 430 watt in a soprano
albatron 7950gt :)
sata 2 hdd, etc, etc

Iv never overclocked and dont know much about it. Iv read the review on the 4200 being oc'ed to over 3ghz (nice) ^.^ but id like some help from you guys.

Can u tell me what programs i need for testing ?

I dont really want to raise the voltage, so im thinking i could get it to 2.5 or 2.6 ghz with stock cooling hopefully?

Any idea what temp i will be getting? and anything else u can help me with

And how do i go about oc'ing? wat do i lower/raise

~thanks
Hapkido
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Hapkido »

You can get your setup to 2.5 Ghz by simply raising the HTT to 228 and nothing more. Temperatures should be fine with your stock cooling.

For testing it, either Super Pi or Prime95.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!
Jejking
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Jejking »

Go step by step mate. Don't go from 2.2 to 2.5-2.6 GHz in one step, if your chip doesn't like it and you get desperate things can go wrong ;)

Boot your pc everytime when you have pushed your HTT 1 higher (from 200->201->202 like that). If your memory is cheap and you reached your limit you can play with ''dividers'', but that is later on. Cheers :)
Not anymore proud owner of a ATi Radeon X800XL ;)