15 Great Mods from QuakeCON 2005 Article

Want to show off that smoking system or your latest creation?
da_buddha
Legit User
Legit User

15 Great Mods from QuakeCON 2005 Article

Post by da_buddha »

I know Legit Reviews is familiar with case mods, as I saw a feature from QuakeCON (Day 2 I believe) that contained a large gallery of mods from the event. This article not only features infinitevalence's case, but has information taken down in an interview with each and every case's b uilder about the hardware and modding process. Check it out!

15 Great Mods from QuakeCON 2005

Let me know your feedback too... I always appreciate criticism when it comes to my writing and am looking for any thoughts from readers on improvement. Thanks! :)
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

woohoo, awsome pics of my case and thanks for the nice words :)
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
da_buddha
Legit User
Legit User

Post by da_buddha »

infinitevalence wrote:woohoo, awsome pics of my case and thanks for the nice words :)
of course man!! :)
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

Nice case there Yves, pretty damn good considering it was done 4 days before QuakeCon....but I gotta say, now I've seen everything...an arcade machine for a case, a Nvidia chair for a case, A BEER KEG for a case!!!! That is some crazy crazy stuff, oh yeah, not to mention the refrigerator case, now that is a piece of work right there :shock:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Those photos came out really good. What camera and lens were you using?
InFuZiOn
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InFuZiOn »

Nate you remember the fridge computer? I still think thats one of my favorite ones. I didnt think that chair was a computer though! I thought it was just some stupid neon chair haha
da_buddha
Legit User
Legit User

Post by da_buddha »

InFuZiOn wrote:Nate you remember the fridge computer? I still think thats one of my favorite ones. I didnt think that chair was a computer though! I thought it was just some stupid neon chair haha
lol I was wondering how many people actually thought that! there weren't any really visible cables coming from it if you just walked by it, and his monitor was sitting there and it looked like there was a tower sitting behind it in the dark... but nope.. :P :lol:
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

yeah, that was something crazy, but I still like the mini keg, lol. BTW, nice to see a native NY'er in the room, I'm from Long Island myself 8)
da_buddha
Legit User
Legit User

Post by da_buddha »

killswitch83 wrote:yeah, that was something crazy, but I still like the mini keg, lol. BTW, nice to see a native NY'er in the room, I'm from Long Island myself 8)
hahah werd... I'm not native tho :( sorry to dissapoint!
I'm actually from Colorado, I go to school in Pittsburgh, and was living in Manhattan for the summer working an internship.. :)
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

I see, what a confusing amount of states to be in, lol. Well, I still love NY, especially where I'm from :)
BADASSSHADY
Legit User
Legit User

Post by BADASSSHADY »

Thanks for your kind words in your article da_budda. Next year, you'll have to have some of the beer I brewed to go with it.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

haha nice keg pc... Got any better pics of it that you can post up?

Oh... Welcome to the forums
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

mmmmmm ale, lol :drinkers:
BADASSSHADY
Legit User
Legit User

Post by BADASSSHADY »

Apoptosis wrote:haha nice keg pc... Got any better pics of it that you can post up?

Oh... Welcome to the forums
I'm thinking you want this kind of stuff:

Notes: Holes in the top of the can are for the two nubs of the fan (I broke the other two off on purpose--didnt want four holes). The notches are cut in the sides of the can so that I could press the can flatter and get the assembly up in the can. Once inside, I pressed the can back into a round shape. The drive is held in by countersunk screws from the motherboard side of the acryllic. Note the nylon allthread holding the powersupply down. I made sure I used rubber washers to aid in keeping everything seperated.

Here is the mod in its natural habitat and with the powerswitch in place.

[Edited to change picture provider]
supermanakaclark
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by supermanakaclark »

we just sarted making a computer in a full size beer keg. it is not as small as the one you have done (duh) but it has a few more things to it also. such as a 5.25 in drive cup holder and cig lighter. and we are considering adding an xbox to it also. we were looking to see is anyone has ever put a computer into a full size beer keg. has anyone ever seen this done. i am sure it has been, but have any of you seen pics of it anywhere online? if you have let me knew. thanks

Geeks~N~Christ