Holes

Want to show off that smoking system or your latest creation?
Merlin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Holes

Post by Merlin »

I need a cheap way ( no dremmel ) to cut a 90mm hole in the bottom of a wavemaster aluminum case. An arbor hole saw runs $35...anything cheaper that will cut a clean hole???
Merlin
Windows 10 64 bit home on both
ASUS Z97-A LGA1150|i7 4790K|32Gb G-skill Ripjaws DDR3 2400| EVGA GTX660 | Corsair HX520W PSU
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO 1151|i7 8700K|32Gb G-skill Ripjaws DDR4-2666| EVGA GTX1080 | Samsung 500GB SSD | Corsair AX760 PSU
cubedgame
Legit User
Legit User

Post by cubedgame »

If you can deal without a clean hole, I would just recommend drilling alot of smaller holes not spaced too far apart using the biggest drillbit you can find.
-cubedgame
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

the other option is a hole saw they make nice clean cuts most of the time depending on how tough the material of your case is. You can also use a jigsaw if you dont care about it being round make it more square with angled corrners for the screws.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

you took my response, lol :P ; a hole saw is a good way of doing it; a hole cutting bit (hole cutter w/ drill bit as a guide) works as well (same thing?? lol); it's pretty clean, and you can use it with a portable drill. Just stick your guide bit through the middle of the cutting bit, put the bit on the drill and chuck her down, and away you go :)