Centurion 532 case mod

Want to show off that smoking system or your latest creation?
FZ1

Centurion 532 case mod

Post by FZ1 »

I felt like I needed more airflow in the case when running it hard so I was looking at a way to mount a second intake or exhaust fan. Low and behold, I was able to easily mount a 120mm fan behind the front bezel screen in front of the 3 lower 5.25" bays that I wasn't using. I mounted it using some double-sided sticky "gel" tape (It came with my cable wrap kit) which also doubled as a noise dampener. I'll try to post some pics tonight but it had to be one of the easiest mods ever. I modded my chipset fan and a few other things at the same time so I can't really gauge the difference in temps but it is definitely cooler.
Joe
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

That's the awesome thing about the Centurion cases. Those mesh font panel bay covers are SWEEEEEET! I almost got the Centurion just so I could do that exact mod! Nice work; but you already know....

...WE NEED PICS!!!! :mrgreen:
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Sorry, the second one is kinda fuzzy.
Joe
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

I don't see any pics. where are they?
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

You can't see them?
Joe
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

I can see the pics.

that's pretty clever how you got it to fit between the frame of the case and the mesh bay covers! NICE JOB!
But if you could remove those two metal bay covers and mount the fan inside with zip ties or string or something you would get much better airflow.
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Yeah, I thought of that. I have been doing some gaming so I haven't messed with it much :)
Joe
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

Vstrom wrote:Yeah, I thought of that. I have been doing some gaming so I haven't messed with it much :)
That's the best excuse thus far!!! =D>
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

finally I can see the pics. it was my zonealarm blocking them. solved with a fine adjustment :P

nice job BTW. I was also thinking of doing the same. you can never have enough cooling :mrgreen:
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Today I took out the metal plates and mounted the fan with zip ties. Looks much better.

One thing I did notice :oops: I coulnd't figure out why my mobo temps were so high (approaching 50c). Well, I found out that the exhaust fan I had purchased with a UV light ring on it was blowing IN not OUT :oops: :oops: That's they way they sent it and I never checked the direction of flow. DOH. Things are better now. :roll:
Joe
Bite-Me-2
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Bite-Me-2 »

You should have done that mod like Bio-Hazard did in his thread............ :) It looks alot more professional................... :shock:

http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... c&start=60

FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

With the front bezel on you can't see it anyway...
Joe