Acrylic case?

Want to show off that smoking system or your latest creation?
kappage
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Acrylic case?

Post by kappage »

I have made an acrylic case i didnt find it was the best, i looked really cool but scratched really easily. The perspex wasnt brittle at all i tested a fairly big piece i couldnt break it with a hammer, but i suppose i did make my case out of 6mm perspex...
Main Rig: C2D 6850 @ 3.0Ghz, 2Gb DDR2667Mhz @ 833Mhz 5-5-5-15 Timings , XFX xXx 8600GTS @ 730/2260 , Gigabyte Ga-945GCM-S2L
JukeBox: Currently in an Upgrade but im too lazy to do it at the moment
I² keepin it real
Methious
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Methious »

I've had 2 acrylic cases, one bought, one built. The bought one I sent back, it came with small interior parts already cracked and little bits of plastic clinking around in the bottom. The built one ended up costing about $200 in good acrylic, 100 in saw blades, polishing bits for the dremel, beer, and asprin. I did it for a car shop that wanted a custom case for display in the front office. It came out nice after about 120 hours. The car shop still uses it down in SC, we masked it heavy and sand blasted (lightly) so it was a Dale Earnheart case. All told it was a $600 case after labor, would I do it again, not on your life.
PCFlip
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by PCFlip »

bubba wrote:Best way, watter jet, cheapest way scroll/band saw + high grit wet/dry sand paper + time + elbow grease to sand down the cuts after words.
thanks, ya thats what I figured from my general research, well most of the parts I will be able to do myself but the main part thats going to be external to the case well I will probably get that one part cut at a place that has a water jet table.