Antec 900 Gaming Case

Discuss cases, PSUs, and various cooling techniques in here.
=LAS=Spitfire
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Antec 900 Gaming Case

Post by =LAS=Spitfire »

Hey all, Its been a long while since Ive been on Legit but I figured I'd come to you guys for help and such.

I'm seriously thinking about getting an Antec 900 case for my build. I was wondering if any of you guys have this case? or have heard anything about it? This case seems like it would keep my rig pretty cool so I wouldnt have to worry about adding more fans. Let me know what you think

Spitfire
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Antec 900 Gaming Case

Post by Apoptosis »

Check our review of the Antec 900 here on Legit Reviews: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/481/1/

I know for a fact several people here use it and love it... BWall still has the case that he reviewed and likes it still, so it comes with a thumbs up.
=LAS=Spitfire
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by =LAS=Spitfire »

haha see that shows how long its been since Ive been here ha. I'll have to read up on that. I just found out that the mail in rebate for it isnt available on newegg anymore so it might be a little out of my price range but who knows, we'll see. thanks for the link apop
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Best Buy carries that case in stock in the store, so check out for rebates and sales with them also.
Sparky
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sparky »

I have the Antec 900 case and it is really well made and easy to set up. Runs nice and cool, fans may bother some people, but I keep mine on 'medium' and my entire system is nice and cool without that much noise.
MSI Meg X570 Unify | Ryzen 3900X | Noctuna NH-U12A | G.Skill RipJaws DDR4 3600 16GB | Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe | (2) WD Blue 3TB Backups | MSI 2060 Super Gaming X | Meshify - C | SB X-Fi
odie2190
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by odie2190 »

i love this case. a little on the heavy side but mucho room. very good looking to every 1 oohs and awws at lan partys.
alister
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by alister »

I just bought this case. I like the case alot. The cheapest place that I found it was at CircuitCity.com. I just checked the site and it is now 119.99 and at Newegg.com it is 139.99.
=LAS=Spitfire
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by =LAS=Spitfire »

Yea newegg had a 40 mir but they dont have it anymore. The last time I was at best buy they didnt have any of them in stock but I'm sure I can look around and find it cheaper.
DaIceMan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DaIceMan »

the only real down side I see to the case is it's a royal pain in the arse dealing with the drive cages. If you have no intentions of changing out drives often, then it would probably wouldn't be so bad, but the side holes that the screws have to be inserted through to screw the drives in are 2 different sizes. A pain for me because my tool kit screwdriver fits in 1 of the holes, but I had to find another screw driver for the other hole.

Aside from that, the cover you use if you don't have a 3rd optical drive is too short on the sides, IMO. I have the drive cages pulled all the way to the front to allow my 8800GTX to fit, and the cover won't stay in if you move the case, i.e. taking it to a LAN party.

Cooling wise, the case is freaking awesome! I have my E6600 overclocked to 3.37Ghz with the Tuniq Tower 120 and at idle, the CPU is only 2 deg or so above ambient temp. At 100% load (folding), the CPU runs about 10 deg above ambient.

I won't say what I paid for mine, cause it was a one time only deal that will likely never be seen again, but even at $120 I'd buy this case again, though my next build will probably be in the Antec 1200 Nate showed us at Computex.
Gamer - Thermaltake Element S | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Black | Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L | Intel E8400 | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | 4GB OCZ Reaper Ram | XFX 8800GTX | Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer | Seagate 7200.10 320GB

HTPC / Folder - Palit 9600GT 1GB Sonic | AMD Phenom 9600 | Corsair DHX 4GB | ECS GF8200A | OCZ StealthXStream 500
Thanks to Palit, AMD, Corsair and ECS for sponsoring the 2008 Folding Give-away!

alister
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by alister »

CompUSA has it for $84.99 ($139.99 - $25.00 instant - $35.00 mail-in)

Link
=LAS=Spitfire
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by =LAS=Spitfire »

compusa is the cheapest ive seen it. thanks for the tips IceMan