WARMACHINE 1.5 - Design Phase!

Discuss cases, PSUs, and various cooling techniques in here.
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Re: WARMACHINE 1.5 - Design Phase!

Post by martini161 »

jab tech ussualy has them cheaper 8) remeber: if you have more than one thing that makes the same amount of sound: each one adds two decibles. for example: if you had 2 fans that made 40db each, you have 42, 3 fans, 44, with 5 fans, your getting close to 50db!
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

That's at max load though which I have no intention of running them at. That's why I have a fan controller. I can't think of anytime I'd likely run them at max power other than maybe at a LAN party (which I don't go to anymore).

The fan controller should be able to throttle them down to near silent. If it can't, then back the fans go to the vendor.
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

yeah, theres no reason why they shouldnt be able to get quiet. i have 4 of the yateloon highspeeds on a controller and there nice and quiet 8) i ussually run them at there lowest stratble voltages
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

Mail Call!

Just got some more parts in the mail. No pictures as I'm at the office right now. Here's what I got:

Swiftech Apogee GTZ
Wire Loom
Wire ties and ladders
Fesser F1 Coolent

Now all I need is my new fans and I can get the build started. I'll be starting a new thread for the build itself.