Antec 1200 Radiator?

Discuss cases, PSUs, and various cooling techniques in here.
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Antec 1200 Radiator?

Post by Skippman »

Anyone seen this?

Apparently Antec made a radiator for that huge 200mm fan they have of thiers. Wondering if anyones messed with it or seen any reviews?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Antec 1200 Radiator?

Post by Apoptosis »

yeah I wrote about it back in 2007 - http://www.legitreviews.com/article/522/5/
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

It looks pretty dang impressive. Couple that with a Swiftech tripple rad and you'd have one beast of a water cooled system. I wonder if it will fit in the new 900-2 since they basically recycled the top of the 1200 for it.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Yeah and since it costs just $55.80 it isn't too expensive if you wanted to play around with it. I haven't seen one since the prototype when I was in Taiwan, but it seemed to look decent although it wasn't running.
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

Apoptosis wrote:Yeah and since it costs just $55.80 it isn't too expensive if you wanted to play around with it. I haven't seen one since the prototype when I was in Taiwan, but it seemed to look decent although it wasn't running.
Ok, you can offically no longer be jealous of my job when yours lets you travel all over the dang globe!

I'm debating on transplanting my sever into either a 900 or 1200 case to match my gaming rig when I remodel the office since the cube's to big to really fit anywhere easily. If I do that I might pick up one of these to try water cooling the server, or I could hook it in line with my Swiftech tripple rad.... :-k

Now THAT would be overkill cooling for a processor. :lol:
turnsoutitwas
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by turnsoutitwas »

Skippman wrote:
Apoptosis wrote:Yeah and since it costs just $55.80 it isn't too expensive if you wanted to play around with it. I haven't seen one since the prototype when I was in Taiwan, but it seemed to look decent although it wasn't running.
Ok, you can offically no longer be jealous of my job when yours lets you travel all over the dang globe!

I'm debating on transplanting my sever into either a 900 or 1200 case to match my gaming rig when I remodel the office since the cube's to big to really fit anywhere easily. If I do that I might pick up one of these to try water cooling the server, or I could hook it in line with my Swiftech tripple rad.... :-k

You woul dprolly get lower performace due to flow restriction and if you added another pump, that would add more heat into the loop.
There's a fine balance use in water cooling.
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

You might be right about that. To be honest I was mostly interested in it as a possible cooling solution for a 900-2 case for my server. But I'll likely keep the server air cooled as it isn't overclocked.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

wow they made it finally, there were rumors floating that it had been dropped completely. I'm sure there will be all kinds of people that will grab these if they perform well.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Skippman wrote:

yea, but unlike a normal job the bills get paid out of my pocket... With the economy in the tanks it's going to be a rough year to say the least with little traffic. I already canceled my Computex plans for 2009 and all other travel for the rest of the year. I might do IDF in the fall if the economy pics up.
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

Apoptosis wrote:yea, but unlike a normal job the bills get paid out of my pocket... With the economy in the tanks it's going to be a rough year to say the least with little traffic. I already canceled my Computex plans for 2009 and all other travel for the rest of the year. I might do IDF in the fall if the economy pics up.
I know what you mean. I was seriously considering going to CEDIA this year. I still might. Depends on how things go here at the office as there's talk we might strike in April when contract negotiations are due. If we don't, I'll definatly be going. It'll be my first time at a trade show. My buddy Matt who helps me with my home theater stuff really wants me to go with him. I just wish Oppo would hurry up and get my BluRay player to me that I'm supposed to test.

Back to the subject at hand, do you think I could fit one of these in a 900-2? I think the tops (fans, plastic, etc) are identical.
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

You may have a part number, but can you find any for sale?

I haven't heard/seen anything of it since the prototype either.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

Here's the UPC # 0761345-75210-7

It's for sale via Antec's Online eStore. As for 3rd party retailers... I haven't seen it yet. Might only be available direct from the vendor.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Only problem I see with the radiator is that it's made out of aluminum, you'll have to be careful about corrosion with that one for sure.

On a different note, that would make a good size for a dual loop to water cool your video card/cards................;) (I have a extra full coverage 4870 block if you're interested Skip).
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

Bio-Hazard wrote:Only problem I see with the radiator is that it's made out of aluminum, you'll have to be careful about corrosion with that one for sure.

On a different note, that would make a good size for a dual loop to water cool your video card/cards................;) (I have a extra full coverage 4870 block if you're interested Skip).
i was thinking the same thing. copper and aluminum dont mix well
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

They work ok if you use the correct amount of anti corrosion prevention mix in the loop, but that's like 30% of so................ :shock: