Water Cooling Experiment Not Going So Good...

Discuss cases, PSUs, and various cooling techniques in here.
kappage
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Water Cooling Experiment Not Going So Good...

Post by kappage »

Major_A wrote:Finally got an answer that I'm really not too thrilled about...

Here is the new balance:
Credit for the Apogee Drive: $99.95
Replacement parts:
Apogee GTZ: $49.95
MCP350 Pump: $79.95
MCRes Micro: $25.95
total: $155.95
Your cost, Net after credit: $55.90

I thought I was done paying for this kit, I guess not.
I have had something very similar liek this from an online absed PC store in australia before. Id order stuff id get it broken send it back they jsut gave me credit instead of giving me my money back! and now the company has gone bankrupt and has been shutdown for a while. :)
Main Rig: C2D 6850 @ 3.0Ghz, 2Gb DDR2667Mhz @ 833Mhz 5-5-5-15 Timings , XFX xXx 8600GTS @ 730/2260 , Gigabyte Ga-945GCM-S2L
JukeBox: Currently in an Upgrade but im too lazy to do it at the moment
I² keepin it real
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

I seriously doubt this company is going out of business. But that's awful what that company did to you.
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

I would personally skip the mirco res since I had one break on me. Thats just my 2cents though
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

The radiator I'm keeping already has a fill port. Do I really need a separate reservoir?
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

As long as there is room for air to sit above the water level and water lines I suppose you could get away without one.
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

Major_A wrote:The radiator I'm keeping already has a fill port. Do I really need a separate reservoir?
Nope, I'm running a loop just fine without one. Just use a T-Line instead.
Sporg
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sporg »

Same, all you need is a T-Line.
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
~Bertrand Russell
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

*Update 7-27-09*

Swiftech received my 2nd faulty drive on the 20th and I have yet to hear a single peep from them. I just emailed one of the people that works there to try and find out what is going on.

*EDIT 7-28-09*

I just looked up my initial order for this product (6/5/09) and I have yet to use it. I haven't even tried the E5200 that I bought with the kit so I hope it works too. I'm tempted to bash the hell out of this product on Newegg but what good will that do me? A lot of the reviews say how it leaks but was easily fixed. Swiftech really needs to use a mold to stamp out thin pieces of gasket material to help this issue between the block and the socket adapter. After forming the mold and buying the material it doesn't take long to stamp out gaskets. Once they get the line down it would probably add $0.05 to the production cost but save make them money because people aren't returning the kit all the time. Hey Swiftech if you need a marketing mind I'm available.

*EDIT 7-29-09 10AM*
Still no word from Swiftech...

*EDIT 7-30-09 1:15AM*
Another day down and ZERO effing correspondence from Swiftech. About 4PM CST (they're in CA so 2PM their time) I emailed the owner to try and get some answers. Maybe they are all on vacation or maybe the just don't give a rat's ass. Either way I'm very dissatisfied with their "support". Notice how I put support in quotations. Anybody on the LR staff have good rapport with anyone at this company? The small guy, so to speak, needs help.
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

*8-1-09*
Swiftech has now had my 2nd faulty Apogee drive since the 20th (that's 12 days) and I have not heard anything. I have tried emailing the owner of Swiftech and have not had a response. If or when, not sure yet, I ever water cool another computer I will NEVER buy a Swiftech product. I will never recommend a Swiftech product to anyone looking to watercool. I'm not a demanding customer I just would like the courtesy of being informed about my return.

I know that if I bought this kit for my main rig and I was still waiting on it to be up and running I would be EXTREMELY PISSED OFF. Luckily for them I bought the kit to put in a spare computer that has no real function as of yet.

Thanks Swiftech for ruining something that I thought was going to be fun.
Sporg
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sporg »

Dude, sorry to hear about all the bad luck with them. The bulk of my setup is Swiftech and so far the only failure I have is the rad. After careful inspection though and finding the leak area I still am not sure where or when it occurred. I won't blame them for the leak, as it appears that a screw dinged a channel at some point, but not from me. Anyway, I hope in the end that it all works out for you.
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
~Bertrand Russell
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

I'm not that upset about the failures, I know they happen. I'm pissed about the lack of communication. Is it so much to ask for a little correspondence? I bought this kit because I thought it would be a nice project that would be fun. Instead it's turned into something else entirely.
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

8-5-09 11:15AM
Wow, I finally received an email after about 10 sent. Apparently I'm just not getting the emails that they are sending to me... Funny cause the person whose emails I'm not receiving I have got in the past with no problems...
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Major_A wrote:8-5-09 11:15AM
Wow, I finally received an email after about 10 sent. Apparently I'm just not getting the emails that they are sending to me... Funny cause the person whose emails I'm not receiving I have got in the past with no problems...
So what's the verdict?
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

I don't know really, they just sent me a UPS tracking number and it's getting here tomorrow.

*EDIT*
After speaking with my father if I get another Apogee Drive then I'm heading to his house. He is a car guy so I'm going have him make me a gasket for the block. If he can't get a gasket made I'll have him blue silicon the joints and Loctite the screws.
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Package arrived 22 days after they received the second faulty unit. Open the box and there is another Apogee Drive. I'm not even going to try this 1 pound piece of crap until I have my father seal the hell out of it.
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

In anticipation that Swiftech wouldn't come through I picked up a bottle of Thermaltake's water cooling solution from Fry's. Swiftech did actually do what they said and sent me another bottle of their HydrX. What would I be better off using the HydrX or the Thermaltake liquid?
HydrX
Thermaltake fluid
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

After making my own seal it is working. The E5200 and the RAM I'm using aren't working with me. Maybe because I'm not going to be using the PC everyday I'm not looking for that final Mhz.

Link to PDF file with the results.
http://hotfile.com/dl/10293932/d516af9/E5200.pdf.html
shamrok3
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by shamrok3 »

This just sounds like an absolute farce to me.
Multiple Exclamation marks - The first sign of an unsound mind.

Rig: Intel 3930K, Noctua U12P-SE2 , ASUS P9X79, 16GB RAM, 60GB OCZ Vertex 3, 2x3TB Seagate (RAID 0), 1TB Samsung F3, EVGA GTX760, CM 650 Watt PSU
NZXT HU002 Case, LG Blu-Ray Writer/Combo
21.5" BenQ E2200HD @ 1920x1080, Razer Lachesis/Lycosa/Sennheiser HD558, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

How so? What would I gain by making all this up?
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

I think he means the way Swiftech treated you was the farce, not your situation :P

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)