Xclio A380

Discuss cases, PSUs, and various cooling techniques in here.
ilive4eva
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Xclio A380

Post by ilive4eva »

Hi, I'm thinking of getting a Xclio A380 for my new build. I have one major question though. With the huge great fan on the side have i got enough room for a decent sized CPU Heat Sink and Fan, Something like a Asus Triton 81, which i've read has height of 144.7mm or will the case not be able to shut cos the fan gets in the way?

Has anyone had any experience with this case and can let me know if it ok for that fan and whether it's a good case overall?

Thanks
stopthekilling77
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Xclio A380

Post by stopthekilling77 »

No experience with this case, but I do system builds for a computer shop in my area. Rule of thumb, if you have to choose between a side air intake/fan or a good aftermarket cooler such as a tower cooler, go with the better cooler. Side air intakes/fans really don't do that much for CPU cooling if a case has good intake/exhaust already. Judging from the look at that case, are you planning on building this yourself or is it a choice on a boutique estore?

(I wouldn't go with that case, go with one that has standard 120mm fans as they are great at cooling, quiet, and cheap to replace if they die)
Cyberpower generic case
B450M PRO-VDH MAX
Ryzen 5 3600 w/PBO/OC
CM Hyper 212 EVO push/pull
Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
MSI RTX 3060 Ti Ventus 3X 8G OC LHR
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
6GB Seagate HDD
EVGA 650BQ 650W PSU
ASUS VE278 27" monitor, Dell E2216HV (vertical)
Logitech Z533 2.1 Speakers, G935 7.1 or G435 headset
MS LXM-00001 keyboard
Razer Deathadder Elite, XBOX One Lunar Shift controller

I've come a long way from my original Core2Duo E6750 build y'all! :supz:
ilive4eva
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by ilive4eva »

Thanks for the reply.

I'm building it for myself. It'll be my first build, hence the needed advice. Do you reccomend any case? I'm getting a ASUS Rampage 2 Extreme motherboard (FF ATX) with a i7 920 running probably 2 Nvidia 9800GT in SLI (still debating this in my head); therefore i'm quite keen on getting a decent case with good airflow. Any suggestions?

Thanks
stopthekilling77
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stopthekilling77 »

I'm quite partial to Antec cases myself, I use a P-180B which comes stock with 4x 120mm Tri-Cool fans for great airflow even when they're all set to low.
CoolerMaster makes some good cases too, and I'd recommend those two brands highly. Whatever you do, don't skimp out on a power supply either. PC Power & Cooling, Antec, Thermaltake Toughpowers, all of these are quality power supplies. Remember that the only part in your system that can kill the rest is the power supply!

Edit: DON'T GO SLI. On my first build I thought I'd do the same but in all honesty, you should just spend another $30-40 on a better, single GPU than 2 lesser ones. Reason being that not many games are optimized for SLI and the extra card will pull double wattage from the wall i.e. higher electricity bill.
Cyberpower generic case
B450M PRO-VDH MAX
Ryzen 5 3600 w/PBO/OC
CM Hyper 212 EVO push/pull
Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
MSI RTX 3060 Ti Ventus 3X 8G OC LHR
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
6GB Seagate HDD
EVGA 650BQ 650W PSU
ASUS VE278 27" monitor, Dell E2216HV (vertical)
Logitech Z533 2.1 Speakers, G935 7.1 or G435 headset
MS LXM-00001 keyboard
Razer Deathadder Elite, XBOX One Lunar Shift controller

I've come a long way from my original Core2Duo E6750 build y'all! :supz:
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

For that motherboard, I suggest either the Cooler Master HAF-932(biased I know)..OR the Thermaltake Armor Plus series case...HAF is way air flow friendly as well the Thermaltake one.. the main difference is if you ever wanted to do TRI-SLi with dual slot video cards on that motherboard, Physically, the HAF case cannot do it. It only has 7 expansion slot while the Thermaltake Armor Plus has 10... SLI isn't a bad route to go. Power wise it does use up a bit, but it is manageable. Truthfully, with my setup I've never gone over 700 watts if even 650 even under full load. For power supplies, i agree on the same brands previously mentioned as well as Corsair(<---has my pick)..I do think you should get better gpu's though...with what you're looking at getting, those 9800 gt's will just slow you down..just my opinion :mrgreen:

Edit: The HAF case can do TRI-SLI with other motherboards..it's just the Rampage was built with only 6 slots....so the top pci-e 1x slot on the board would be on the 2nd expansion slot of the case instead of the very top one..If they didn't do that, the HAF could've easily handled three dual slot video cards with the Rampage..felt I should explain that a little better.
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro