N Bridge fan

Discuss cases, PSUs, and various cooling techniques in here.
Merlin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

N Bridge fan

Post by Merlin »

My N bridge fan is going out. Where can I find a GOOD replacement and are any mods suggested here??
Merlin
Windows 10 64 bit home on both
ASUS Z97-A LGA1150|i7 4790K|32Gb G-skill Ripjaws DDR3 2400| EVGA GTX660 | Corsair HX520W PSU
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO 1151|i7 8700K|32Gb G-skill Ripjaws DDR4-2666| EVGA GTX1080 | Samsung 500GB SSD | Corsair AX760 PSU
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Try this!
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/swmc4.html

You can thank gvblake for this... ask him if any good!
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

either that or the NB-1 or NB-1C by Thermalright both good NB sinks
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

man that NB-1 looks sweet (didn't see the copper version on the site though, I bet that NB sink is sweet); dunno if it'll work with me using the XP-90 or XP-120, lol (uber-massive HSF, I tell ya)
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Ita a pretty decent cooler. I personally like the Thermalright NB-1, a lot cheaper and does a pretty good job. i am using one on my Mach II system for the NB cooler
Silversinksam
Legit User
Legit User

Re: N Bridge fan

Post by Silversinksam »

Merlin wrote:My N bridge fan is going out. Where can I find a GOOD replacement and are any mods suggested here??
Do you need just the fan or a fan and heatsink?
These counter-rotating 40mm x 50mm fans are awesome. $12 for either version and $3.85 to ship

http://www.jmcproducts.com/products/dc_ ... 32mm.shtml

http://www.jmcproducts.com/products/dc_ ... 38mm.shtml

This is the ONLY JMC approved dealer, you must email them to purchase one (I spoke to the owner of Skyline Graphics and he's a very nice guy, he even frequents Overclockers.com from time to time)

http://www.homestead.com/prosites-skyli ... index.html
The 40x50x32mm dual-impeller, dual-motor fan is engineered with redundancy to protect against fan failure and to produce effective airflow performance against high system pressures. As a result, the fan offers a 90% improvement in CFM and PQ curve in comparison to a similar size single blade fan.
The fan consists of two independent motors and incorporates a 5-blade fan and a 3-blade fan. The two blades spin in opposite directions at approximately the same speed (10,500RPM) running it at 7 volts is the quiet sweet spot ;)

For a heatsinks and fan this is an excellent deal at $13.99 from newegg

THERMALRIGHT NB-1 45 x 45 x 10mm Chipset Cooler W/ Fan

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6835109116

:rolleyes:
Duke3d87
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Duke3d87 »

On my NF7-S, i have this: http://www.xoxide.com/zachco.html and it works q uite well.
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

ehh, well fanless cooling is ok for non-OC'd setups, but when you start talking about OC'ing the processor and tweaking BIOS values, then you would need a cooling solution with a fan. Also, the NF4 chipset run pretty hot, so I would use a fan on it anyways. Sunon makes some good ones, and they come stock on DFI's Lanparty boards, the Infinity SLI and Ultra as well. They're rated at insane lifespans too, something like 55000 hours. It's crazy.
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

ahh yes, the NB cooler with the solid copper bottom block and helicoid rods. That this IS awesome, lol. It has a lot of surface area to disperse heat on, so it's extremely effective. forgot how much it cost, but it's worth the money if you just want to do air cooling. Me personally, I plan on watercooling the NB via the Koolance Exos 2 external system.
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

I think kenc was trying to link you to the Swiftech MCX159-A for an AMD system. Not sure what platform you are running, but they also make an Intel version of the same cooler, as well as a new verision of it in all copper (the same copper base but with copper fins as well).
I like the swiftech cooler a lot as it cools extremely well and is quiet, but it's also kindof expensive. The only reason I didn't get the NB-1 is because it didn't look like it would be compatable with my system. So make sure you have enough room around your chipset for the Thermalright chipset coolers because they are a little bigger.
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

Ive bought several things from side winder computers. Very helpful people and good products. I recomend.
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

bigblockmatt wrote:Ive bought several things from side winder computers. Very helpful people and good products. I recomend.
Yep, I second that...
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

I dunno, I still think that NB-1 is pretty sexy, lol. I just like the way it's set up. The swifty looks a little plain for me, of course I'm not plain vanilla personally, rofl
Kerii
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kerii »

killswitch83 wrote:ehh, well fanless cooling is ok for non-OC'd setups, but when you start talking about OC'ing the processor and tweaking BIOS values, then you would need a cooling solution with a fan. Also, the NF4 chipset run pretty hot, so I would use a fan on it anyways. Sunon makes some good ones, and they come stock on DFI's Lanparty boards, the Infinity SLI and Ultra as well. They're rated at insane lifespans too, something like 55000 hours. It's crazy.
I have the NF7-S as well.

But like you said it gets pretty hot, and I don't overclock anything in my system except my video card.

I ended up installing a 60mm fan to blow over the heatsink and am pretty satisfied with the result, very quiet since it doesn't need too much airflow and I can just set it at 10%. The tiny 40mm fan on my old fansink was just driving me crazy.
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

yeah, the smaller the fan, the faster it spins, and the louder the thing is, thus all the more annoying, lol. Good deal going with the larger fan there; do you have large fans in your case as well? you know 120mm fans works well for decent airflow and to lower noise. Only the extremely high flow 120mm (like the evercool aluminum case fan, which flows 80 CFM and is pretty loud, forget how many dB's) are extremely noisy, but even then you pit them up against an 80mm case fan with the same flow, you'll see what I mean. Good deal, though :)
Kerii
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kerii »

killswitch83 wrote:yeah, the smaller the fan, the faster it spins, and the louder the thing is, thus all the more annoying, lol. Good deal going with the larger fan there; do you have large fans in your case as well? you know 120mm fans works well for decent airflow and to lower noise. Only the extremely high flow 120mm (like the evercool aluminum case fan, which flows 80 CFM and is pretty loud, forget how many dB's) are extremely noisy, but even then you pit them up against an 80mm case fan with the same flow, you'll see what I mean. Good deal, though :)
Nah, the 60mm is the largest fan I have in my system. It's a proprietary SFF so it's pretty cramped. :mrgreen:

I would've gone for an 80mm but an 80mm fan most likely wouldn't fit, and I have no way of mounting it anywhere. Right now one side of the 60mm fan just sorta sits on top of the power wires to my AGP 6200 and the other side sits on top of the memory.

Yeah, it moves around a little when I move the case or carry it around but it's never fallen out of place, so I'm happy. :mrgreen:

ImageImage

Impression iCube v.800
It would seem they no longer make them. A sad day for the stylish PC community. :|
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

They still make SFF's, you just have to dig....I think Shuttle's still in that business, and there's a couple other companies that make SFF's; there's a micro that looks like SFF but has water-cooling. I had the link for it, but somehow my bookmarks got lost after I got rid of a virus I had on my system :( ; oh well, will just have to keep looking I guess.
JTanczos
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by JTanczos »

Both the large blue zalman AND the NB1 are excenlent coolers. The zalman is passive so it requires good ventilation. If you have more heat to deal with than you probably want an active version.

DONT get one that relies 100% on a fan to function. Those are the thin ones like the iceberg 4 and 5. They are loud and only really funtion well if the fan runs full time.

JT