Thermaltake Tai-Chi....

Discuss cases, PSUs, and various cooling techniques in here.
mjc928
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Thermaltake Tai-Chi....

Post by mjc928 »

Hey guys. So I just bought parts for a new build and I was thinking about using the Thermaltake Tai-Chi. I've had this case for awhile but I'm not sure if its right for the parts I have, which consist of: amd 1100t, asus crosshair extreme, asus 6790gpu, thermaltake 1200w psu and various other parts. Can I use this case or should I invest in a new one? Also what kind of cooling fluid should I use? I was testing it with water for leaks and nothing so far but is water ok to use? Thanks for your time.
rat6fink
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Re: Thermaltake Tai-Chi....

Post by rat6fink »

You should be fine with your case. As far as cooling fluid, distilled water is the way to go. Distilled water (which is by far cheaper than ANY coolling fluid), and drop a silvercoil Find it here in your resevoir. Valuable advice given to me by Bubba... :supz:
"Gentlemen! You can't fight in here! This is the war room!"

"Yes, very good. I'll take a bloody mary and a steak sandwich, and a steak sandwich"

ASUS M4A785TD-V//AMD Phenom II 1090T BE//Sapphire HD5770 Vapor-X//G.Skills Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 1600//Intel SSD boot//500GB & 1TB Seagate//
Antec DF85//Under Water like a scuba diver //Win 7 64-bit//
mjc928
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by mjc928 »

Thanks for the heads up on the coil! Should I replace the cpu water block or stick with the one provided? I ask because I'm not sure if that block will fit the new cpu types. Thanks again!
rat6fink
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by rat6fink »

rat6fink wrote:You should be fine with your case.
Actually, I'm sorry mjc...you said the Extreme mobo...that is a EATX mobo, if I'm not mistaken, and that will NOT fit your case...For some reason, my brain was telling me you had a Formula...According to Thermaltake, EATX boards will not fit into the Tai-Chi (read this). Again, I'm sorry for my quick typing and slow brain...
As far as the waterblock, I don't know if it will fit. It has the universal clips, and it's worth a shot to try the fit on the AM3.

"Yes, very good. I'll take a bloody mary and a steak sandwich, and a steak sandwich"

ASUS M4A785TD-V//AMD Phenom II 1090T BE//Sapphire HD5770 Vapor-X//G.Skills Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 1600//Intel SSD boot//500GB & 1TB Seagate//
mjc928
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by mjc928 »

I see. Well I took out the water cooling unit from the case so I could mount it to a different case. Any idea on what case I should get?
rat6fink
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by rat6fink »

mjc928 wrote:I see. Well I took out the water cooling unit from the case so I could mount it to a different case. Any idea on what case I should get?
That's all a matter of taste, man. What r you wanting to do with your rig? Lotta storage space? Massive airflow? Case size? It's all a matter of what you want.

mjc928
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by mjc928 »

Yea that's true. Well I'm looking for a full tower since Im getting a large vid card (and maybe down the road dual gpus). I don't plan to do any hard overclocking. Hell if i can use the tai chi case with the water cooling unit remove then I would go massive airflow ya know. I think what I'll do is wait for my parts to come in and see if I can use the case I have. If I can, then I'll stick with it and just convert it to airflow. If not then I'll find a new case. I prefer air flow and thought about getting something like the hydro h70 for the cpu... I saw The In-Win Dragon Rider which looked pretty cool. I'm not set in stone with water cooling. I figured since I have it, might as well use. I've always used air flow systems (the noise from the fans never bothered me). I just need something that's going to have alot of internal space and the capability for more airflow. I looked at the mountain mad cases which are awesome but outta my price range. I do appreciate your responses.