What to do? New case or new GPU

Discuss cases, PSUs, and various cooling techniques in here.
saint19
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

What to do? New case or new GPU

Post by saint19 »

Hi guys.

First that all, i'm new here and i hope learn a lot here.

It's was wonder if you guys can help me to take a final component to buy.

I found the HAF X in my country for a decent price, even, I did a "pre-paid" for it until get the total money for it (1 or 2 weeks).

My current case is a Thermaltake V9 (specs here) but my GPU (GTX 260) is out date now. My question is, should I go with the case and change the GPU later? or change the GPU now and wait for change the case.

I was thinking in go with the case and wait for the GTX 590 release, maybe the price drop a little and then get a GTX 560 Ti or something better.

What do you think? What would you do?

I'm not a hard core gamer, not a big fan of run games with all at max setting or things like that. I mostly play FPS and multiplier games at 1920x1080 without AA or any of those options enable.

Thanks for your help on this.
saint19
smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: What to do? New case or new GPU

Post by smack323 »

for what you said your needs are I'd say stick with the card you have, and get the case. Personally though I am not a real big fan on spending more that $50 on a case, so I will always upgrade a GPU over case.
Core i5-6500 - Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4 2133 - MSI 2080Ti - Antec 750W - Crucial 525GB SSD - Windows 10 64bit - ASUS 32" LED
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

agreed GPU first
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
JMMD
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by JMMD »

I would go for the GPU upgrade if it will be a huge bump in performance. Are the games you play now running poorly with the GTX 260?
What's the rest of your hardware like? Getting a GTX 560 or 590 doesn't make sense if you don't have a fast CPU to back it up.